five | penguin's umbrella

While Carmine Falcone grabbed onto one of the chickens that was clucking to itself, Fish Mooney said, "This cannot stand

While Carmine Falcone grabbed onto one of the chickens that was clucking to itself, Fish Mooney said, "This cannot stand. Gordon must die, Bullock must die, Penguin must die today!"

Carmine asked him, "And Maroni, too, I suppose?"

Fish replied, "If need be."

With a sigh, Carmine turned to look over at Fish as he asked her, "And what of Miss Mikaelson?" When Fish had only raised an eyebrow at him, he said to her, "You know as well as I do that there is hardly anywhere in this city that Maroni could be without Miss Mikaelson by his side, just like you know that she is indestructible. Even if you– or any of us here in this safehouse– were successful in seeing to it that Maroni was killed, each and every single one of us would, in turn, be killed by her and there wouldn't be a thing that any of us could truly do to keep her from doing just that. After all, we've had many chances of trying to rid Maroni of Miss Mikaelson, and each of those attempts resulted in those that were loyal to me to be brought back to me with their heads removed from their bodies, along with their limbs. I'm afraid that the only ones in this city that know if she is truly indestructible is Maroni himself and maybe at least one or two others in his family. That's it. Now, unless you mean to tell me that you know of the others that know anything more about her than we already do, then going after Maroni would be a suicide mission."

Just when Fish opened her mouth to say something to him, she suddenly stopped when he told her, "And even without the issues of Maroni and Miss Mikaelson, I would have to say that you're overreacting, my dear. This Penguin's a nobody. You want to start a war over the guy that carried your umbrella?"

With her hands on her hips, Fish replied, "He was on my hip everywhere with me. He knows things."

In turn, Carmine asked her, "Like what?"

With a shake of her head, Fish said to him, "Too much. He knows too much!"

Then Carmine told her, "Go to Maroni and ask him politely to hand over your little man. Politely. If he refuses, we can talk about stronger measures."

It was then that Nikolai said to Carmine, "Boss, this is weak response. I hate to agree with Fish, but we need to show strength now. We need to hit back hard. No talk. Penguin dead, Gordon dead, done."

With a nod of his head, Carmine said to him, "Relax, Niko. I know what I'm doing." Then he turned to Fish and asked her, 'Where is Gordon? I thought you were bringing him with you."

With a shake of her head, Fish replied, "No. He wouldn't come without a struggle. Now, I don't know if he's playing tough or crazy, but he's at work like nothing's wrong."

As he went to turn his back on them, Carmine said, "I'll send Victor to fetch him."

In turn, Fish said to him, "No need. My guys can handle him."

As he turned to look back over at Fish, Carmine told her, "I'll send Victor." Then he turned his attention back over towards the chicken that he was holding as he asked them, "That's a nice handsome bird, huh?"