Back home

(Y/n POV)

Today was the day we go back to our homes. My mother texted me this morning saying it would be our last day in Charlotte which is the state I live in then tomorrow, we will be moving to Buford in Atlanta, Georgia. I'm pretty excited to see the new house in the new town and also I'll be getting a mini tour of the school when we move tomorrow, no one will be at school only the principal, my mum and I since it will be a Sunday, which obviously that means on Monday, it will be my first time attending Buford high school. Apparently the house we're gonna go live in is a two story house which I've only ever grown up in a one story small apartment so this will be a huge change for me. I just pray that I do not get lost in the house like I did with my grandma's house on my mum side. As soon as I get home today my mum and I have to pack everything up and put it in the moving truck and make sure everything is emptied out of the house. Apparently she had already emptied out most of the house but I need to get all my stuff out my room.

When I woke up today, I went straight to my suitcase and got my skincare products, my hairbrush and my clothes and went to the bathroom. I got dressed into a tank top and cargo pants, then brush my hair and put it up into a high ponytail and did my skincare. I didn't bother with doing make up because I honestly wasn't bothered. After I did everything I needed to do in the bathroom, I grabbed my stuff and went back to the girls cabinet and put it in my suitcase neatly and I got everything that was left out from last night in my suitcase which included my charger and water bottle and then I woke up the other girl since it was almost breakfast.
"Time to wake up!" I yell turning on the light, all of the girls groaned and rub their eyes to adjust to the Bright light.
"It's so early." Tessa says putting the covers on her.
"No It's not, it's breakfast." I say blankly then I walked out and went down to the cafeteria for the last breakfast. For breakfast there was all different foods: eggs, bacon, pancakes, rice, beans, yogurt, fruit, toast, cereals, etc. I decided to have (what ever y'all want cause I don't know what u eat) and after breakfast I stayed in the cafeteria to talk to everyone.

"Everyone your parents will be here in around 20 minuets so before you all say your goodbyes to each other can we quickly take a group photo please?" Tim asked getting his phone out his pocket, we all agreed and after everyone finished eating we all gathered and took a photo, he sent it to all of us and I posted it on my instagram story.

(I'm starting to hate Wattpad quality on photos it looks perfect in my camera roll 😐)

I posted it on my insta story and for the last few minutes before parents started showing up, we all said goodbye to each other and thanked the captains, I hugged everyone besides Jaden and Riley and the last person I hugged was Jayla.
"I'm gonna miss you, you better text me everyday" Jayla said pulling away from the hug
"Yeah ofc I will" I say smiling then Jaden comes running up to me
"Where's my hug?" He asked and I put on a confused face
"No" I say then he rolled his eyes and we all went to out cabins and got our suit cases and walked out to the parking lot with the captains there waiting for our parents.
"Oh there's dad" Jayla said tapping Javon on the shoulder pointing to a black car, Javon was standing next to me and Kylee on the other side of me.
"Hey kiddos" Dj said getting out the car walking up to us and hugs all his kids including Kylee, he turned to me and smiled
"Your y/n correct?" I nodded with a smile
"Yeah, your Dj?" I asked and he nodded and held out his hand for me to shake, I shake it obviously
"Nice to meet you in person" he said letting go of the hand shake
"You too" I smile and he turns to the kids.
"Alright it was nice meeting you y/n and hope to see you again soon, are we ready to go kids?" They all nod and I said goodbye to them one final time
"Wait I didn't think you were related to them?" I say before Kylee walks away with the Waltons
"Oh we aren't but my parents are out of town and I live close to them and there like my family"
"Oh makes sense. I hope to see you soon" I respond, she nods and smiles and hops in the car and I watch them driving off. Something was telling me that I should've hugged Jaden but oh well. 20 minutes after the Waltons left, I saw my mother pull up and signal for me to get in the car, I said goodbye to everyone one final time and walked up to the car, before my mum pulled out she waved at the captains and smiled then we were off to home.

⚠️May be triggering, slight mentions of bipolar disorder, drugs and alcohol⚠️

"So how was camp?" My mother asked breaking the dead silence on the way home.
"It was really good. I met knew people and you know Euphoria?" She nodded knowing Euphoria cause she watched it.
"You know Ashtray!?" She nodded again still focused on the road.
"So Javon Walton plays him and he was at the camp! He also had his sister Jayla and annoying brother Jaden there too" I say excitedly
"Oh that's great! How were they? Nice?" I nodded
"Yes besides his twin Jaden, he was a bitch to me" she slowly nodded and kept driving without saying a word, way to kill the vibe. After a long 4 hour drive of pretty much dead silence besides the music playing in my ears through my AirPods, we made it home.
"Alright when you go in I want all your shit packed and in the moving truck, the moving truck will get here in 4 hours so hurry up. And no I will not be helping you I have my own shit to sort out" my mother said as soon as we entered the empty house with the smell of dust. Remember how I said I think she's bipolar? Yeah she got diagnosed with mild bipolar when I was at camp which explains a lot especially when she was younger with her addiction to drugs and alcohol, she still has an addiction but not as bad and will make sure she's away from me when she does take the drugs or drinks. It also explains her loss of interest in life and waking up everyday and doing something, I feel bad for her sometimes but she takes her anger out on me verbally which I know she doesn't mean it but it still hurts.

I headed straight up to my room and started packing everything in the three suit cases my mother left for me in my room to put my stuff in. I went in my bathroom and got everything and carefully placed them in the smaller suit case. I then went to my wardrobe and put everything in the medium suit case and all my small/ medium decorations in the large suit case. Everything in my suit case from camp stayed in there. When the moving truck came, the people helped me carry my bed out into the truck along with my desk, dressing table, bedside table and a couple other large items. After my room was empty and echoing when I spoke, I vacuumed and cleaned it for the next people moving in. I made sure my room was spot less then sprayed air freshener and said goodbye to my room and closed the door then I went down stairs to see my mother eating bread, I looked up at the clock and it was 6:49pm.
"What's for dinner?"
"I don't know toast? Just don't make a mess cause I cleaned this kitchen" my mother said after taking her last bite of toast.
"Wait where am I meant to sleep tonight?" I ask remember the moving truck took everything.
"The ground? There's a sleeping bag on the floor in the living room, you can sleep in that" she said exiting the kitchen and sitting in the floor in the living room on her phone. I sighed at the fact she's making me sleep on the floor.
"Wait where will you sleep?" I ask concerned for her.
"Gosh do you ever stop asking questions? On the floor" she said scoffing clearly pissed that I've asked three questions now. I nodded even know she couldn't see me cause she was to busy on her phone then got out a piece of bread and had to have it plain cause she was no cutlery to put a spread on it and ate it over the bin so there was no crumbs.

After all this I took a shower in my mothers bedroom and cleaned it after I was done getting dressed, brushing my teeth and doing my skincare. I chilled on my phone on the living room floor laying down in my sleep bag. It was uncomfortable but Im thankful and grateful I have a roof over my head. It was 11pm and my mother looked at the time and got up off the floor which she was sitting on in the corner of the room
"Go to sleep, tomorrow we have another 4 hours of driving and we have to see your new school and unpack so hurry up and go to sleep" she commanded laying out her sleeping bag and turning off the light not giving me a chance to speak. I turned off my phone and heard her get in her sleeping bag and I tried my best to get comfortable on the floor, weirdly I just thought of when Jaden and I got lost in the bushes and we slept on the floor cuddling, then I slowly drifted away to sleep with Jaden mother fucking Walton on my well rested mind.

1770 words