Off to Summer Camp

Also ⚠️ at the start of a paragraph means a particular character says something about    y/n

(Y/n POV)

This morning was the morning my parents are sending me to summer camp. Did I want to go? No. They are forcing me to go because I'm a 'distraction' to them in there divorcement which means when I get back, they will be divorced.

They always argued and fought and have been living seperate for three months now, my dads been living with his mother while my mother stayed at the house with me, I never once got to see my dad during those three months. In those three months they argued over the phone but I just went to my room, shut my door then listened to music.

"Y/n get up now we have to go!" My mum yelled at me, I'm sitting in bed on my phone
"No I don't want to go"
"Y/n get the fuck up right now! Your so fucking lazy this is why your dad and I are getting a divorce, because your fat ass can't be shitted doing anything to help us!" My mothers words always hurt me, you shouldn't call your daughter fat, in fact, you shouldn't call anyone that. She was always like this, saying I was a disappointment and saying everything's my fault, always calling me a slut, telling me to starv myself, I didn't though, I never listened to her because I know she loves talking shit.

I got up when she left my room and had a shower because I do not want to go to camp and see hot boys and then look like a potato. I grabbed my clothes and towel and hopped in the shower and washed my hair while listening to music and got out, I put my clothes on and did my skin care, I didn't want too much make up on considering it was just camping but I needed to look good so I put mascara and a bit of highlight on with lip gloss. I brushed out my hair and let it air dry and put my black converses on.

I went out of my room and double checked I packed everything since I'm going far away from home and I'll be there for two months, it's all the way in Buford in Atlanta and I live in Nashville, its around 4 and a half hours drive so we needed to leave early. I went out my room with my suit case and tote bag and met with my mum down stairs.
"Have you got everything?" Shes asks unlocking the door, I swear she's so bipolar.
"Yeah" she nodded and opened the door then walked out, I made sure on more time I had everything then walked out.

On the way she promised me she would get maccas since it's a long drive, I decided to get a happy meal cause I want to be happy.
"Okay what do you want?" She asked looking at me as she ordering at the drive through.
"Happy meal with a wrap and apple juice please" she nodded and turned back to the microphone thing and said my order. We got our meal and ate it on the way
"So.. what's summer camp like?" I ask looking at her, she's been when she was younger.
"It's fun I guess but apparently it's changed completely from when I was there in terms of free time. I want you to behave and not be stupid and considering there's a boy cabinet next to the girls, don't be stupid and don't go in there, at least not alone and no sex other wise your kicked out of the house" dam.
"Yeah okay I know I don't even want to have sex"
"Bullshit" she muttered under her breathe and continued driving.

We stopped for a few after driving half way, we stopped at the markets, we were hungry again so we got bread, yes bread. We ate it on the way and blasted Eminem and sung our hearts out. The was probably the funnest I've had with my mother in 8 months but sadly that enjoyment went away when my mother stopped the car at the camp site.
"I'll come with you to the front" my mother says getting out the car, I take my suit case out the back and put my tote bag over my shoulder and walked into the camp ground to be greeted by two women with blue shirts looking around my mums age, they looked nice enough.

"Hello! You must be y/n, I'm London and this is Christina, we will be your guide to anything and everything and we are the head of the girls cabin. If you ever need help with anything come to one of us or you can go to Tom and Leon over there, they are the head of the boys cabin, if you have any questions feel free to ask!" Okay she was nice but her voice was annoying and she seemed to happy and energetic. I just nodded and smiled and my mum hugged me and kissed my cheek.
"Remember what I told you in the car, behave and don't do anything stupid to the point where I need to come back and get you and no sex" I nodded and she left, I won't get to see her for two months now.. was I happy about that? Yes.