Chapter 9

"What do you mean different?" Zachary quickly inquire as he seated to his designated chair while the others were scattered across the office.

Inaya ko sila na dito mag-usap dahil masyadong lantad ang labas. Talking in an open area is not a good idea at all. May potensyal na may makaririnig sa pag-uusap namin. It was too risky to talk about something important in such an open space.

I fished Iza's letter from my pants pocket and put it beside the letter we just found. Unang tingin mo palang sa dalawang sulat mahahalata mo na kaagad ang pinagkaiba rito. The handwriting styles are not the same. Iza's handwriting was clean and all in capital letters, while the other one was smudged and small. Sinabi rin ni Bea sa akin na hindi talaga galing kay Iza ang panibagong sulat dahil alam na alam niya ang sulat kamay nang huli.

"If you look more into it, the difference was obvious. Kitang-kita ang pinagkaiba ng dalawa. Apart from the paper used, it can be seen in the handwriting alone." Pagbibigay opinyon ko sa nasabing sulat.

Dahil sa sinabi kong iyon nakuha ang atensyon nila. They gather around beside Zachary and look at the two post-it notes. The identical flowery design will make you believe it belongs to the same person.

Nakakunot ang mga noo nila habang tinitigan nang maigi ang sulat. Franco bent his body to look closer. Tumatango-tango ito, tila ba'y sumasang ayon sa sinabi ko. On the other hand, Klaus tilted his head to turn to Zach with indefinite expression.

"They do have different handwriting, Alpha. Pero nagtataka ako sa papel na ginamit. It's almost the same." He said, then straighten his body. He crossed his arm and turn to me.

"I'm sorry, Selene, but I believe it is from the same person. The same papers, same design. The handwriting can be changed if you practiced it, such as these two letters here." He utter then shake his head.

Napatango ako. I already expect that. I expect that one of them will say that. Lalo pa't ang alam lang nila ay nanggaling ito sa lalaking pinatay ng Death Arrow. Hindi naman nila alam kung kanino galing ang isa pang sulat. Kami lang ni Bea ang tanging nakakaalam.

I suddenly feel guilty about it. To think, I am here to help them, I should give them information that could help them with this war, but here I am hiding something useful. Someone who could help them build the walls of protection with its advice and warning. With that thoughts, guilt is starting to build up deep inside me. Huminga ako ng malalim para pakalmahin ang sarili. Lumingon ako kay Bea. Right now, her advice were all I need.

"Should I tell them about the letter, Bea?" I ask through our link.

Napatingin ito sa akin sa bigla kong pagtanong. "It's up to you, miss Selene. If you think that might help them, then go tell them. But if you think it's not the time yet, then don't. It's yours to decide, miss Selene." Her answer to me.

She doesn't show any emotion and yet, her voice in our mind link was warm and soft. Like she respects whatever decision I will make.

Iba ang inaasahan kong sagot sa kanya. I did not expect her to say that. In every circumstances that made me confused or at doubt, I always ask for her opinion and she always gave me one. Kahit sa mumunting bagay may maibibigay siya and I'll always consider whether to do it or not. She just gave a better option, but now, she's letting me do whatever I'll choose and I'm torn in between.

Napatingin ako sa ibang kasama namin na ngayon ay nagtatalo na. Except Zach who remain seated and silent while watching his comrades. I noticed, he doesn't talk that much, only when it's needed... or whenever he just feels like it?