Chapter 4

"Fill them the information about the body, Bea. Also, I want you to investigate about that arrow." Sabi ko nang 'di pa rin nilulubayan nang tingin ang lalaking wala ng buhay.

"I will, Miss Selene."

Napatango ako sa kanyang sinabi at tumalikod na paalis. "I'll head home first." Ngunit bago ako tuluyang umalis, nilingon ko si Bea. "One more thing. Tell them to open their border for us tomorrow. The meeting we'll be held once we arrive to their pack. If they don't know what I'm talking, send them again the email."

Pagkatapos ko'ng sabihin iyon ay muli akong tumalikod at pinabayaan sila kung ano man ang gagawin nila sa bangkay. The dead body is not mine or Bea's work to clean. Packs should be responsible for it. Mapa-loob man ito ng territoryo o labas, basta ang pack mo ang pinakamalapit sa pinangyayarihan, automatic you're the one who's responsible to investigate and bury the body. Ganun ang patakaran sa wrewolf community. Elders press this rule to avoid conflict if ever humans encounter this kind of accidents.

Humans are dumb sometimes. If they don't understand the situation, they make the worst things out of it. Minsan mas pinalala pa nila ang mga bagay na kaya naman intindihin at lutasan. They want to do it in an easy way, what they don't know is that it is the most messy way.

I was about to enter inside the cabin when a voice behind me spoke. Nakalimutan ko, sumunod pala ito sa'kin. I was occupied by the moment that I forget about him tailing me. The D and A that carved near at the tip of the arrow seems familiar. Ngunit 'di ko lang maalala kung saan ko iyon nakita o narinig.

"Are you avoiding me, Selene?"

Napatingin ako sa kanya at kumurap-kurap. I didn't know I was zoning out again. Umayos ako ng tayo saka pormal na yumuko.

"Alpha Zachary. Do you need anything?" I politely asked. 'Di ko alam kung bakit niya ako sinundan, but I still respect him as the alpha of Golden Stone.

Hindi niya ako sinagot at tanging pagtitig lang ginawa nito sa'kin. Tinaasan ko siya ng dalawang kilay. He sighed like something bad had happened to him. Pagkatapos ay namulsa ito sa harapan ko.

"You really are avoiding me." He said almost in a whisper.

Mabilis na nagsalubong ang dalawa kong kilay nang maintindihan ang sinasabi nito. Me? Avoiding him? When did it happen?

"I think you're misinterpreting my actions, Mr. Stone." I start. "I was not avoiding you, neither your members, I was busy currently to say my hello to all of you. And one more thing, it's almost dinner time. My friend ans I were already hungry, talking to any of you won"t make our stomachs full. So, if you have something to talk about with me. Tomorrow morning at your office, we'll talk." Mahabang wika ko.

Wala siyang naging reaction kaya't kinuha ko iyon as a go sign. Tuluyan na akong pumasok sa loob sabay sarado ng pinto. Isang malalim na buntong hininga ang ginawa ko at napailing nalang sa nangyayari.

Seeing them after 3 years was nice but, it was unexpected. It brings some emotion that was not new to me anymore. Masaya ang puso ko na makita ulit sila ngunit ang utak ko'y pumipigil na maramdaman ito. My mind keeps watering the emotions that's starting to wither for those years being away with them. Pilit itinatatak ng utak ko ang sakit na narararamdaman ko noong umaasa ako na tutulungan nila ako sa bingit ng kamatayan. I was hoping at that time to save me, but they never came.

Mariin kong naikuyom ang dalawa kong kamay saka huminga ng malalim. I should calm myself for tomorrow's meeting. If I plan to help them, better hold this anger inside. Magiging sagabal lang itong nararamdaman ko sa mission.

"You're hurting yourself again."

Agad akong napalingon sa kanya saka napabuntong hininga. She closes the door then walk towards me, she stops when she's already in front of me. I took a sighed again. Gamit ang dalawa kong palad ay tinago ko ang aking mukha saka marahan na hinilot ang sintido.

"So, you knew." Paghula ko. "And yet, you didn't tell me." She hummed a yes. Napatango ako.

I know earlier was just her trap for me to spill something about me. She was trying to catch me but I stand firmly on my decision not to tell anything to her. I have my decisions, and she has hers as well, and it was my choice not to tell. But, Bea is Bea. She has connection that I don't have. Mas may alam siya kaysa sa'kin at mas marami siyang nalalaman kaysa sa'kin. And one of them are mine.

"I'm sorry, if I didn't tell you. Alam ko po na hindi dapat ako nakialam pero trabaho ko rin po kasi iyon. Your mother gives me the permission too." Aniya.

Kaagad kong naitaas ang ulo ko at tiningnan siya na may kunot sa noo. "My mother. Queen Serene?" Hindi makapaniwala kong tanong.

Tumango siya. "Opo. Sorry po talaga." She said.

Isang malalim na hininga ang ginawa ko at napapikit. "Where did you get my information, if that so?"

"Through your files." Walang pag-alinlangan niyang sumagot. Ngunit kulang ang kanyang naging sagot kaya muli akong nagtanong.

"Files? What files? Can you please elaborate it more?"

Ramdam ko ang pagsuko nito. She sighed in defeat as I stare at her. Well, she better tell, or I'll ask mother myself about what I am going to know. Alam kong masyadong confidential but it's now or never, now that she already blurted it out.

"Bealin," Mariin kong tawag rito. Kita ko ang paglunok at ang pagtango nito bago magsimula.

"I was your mother's personal messenger and tracker. She hired me because of my bloodline and my capabilities as a tracker. My whole family were the best tracker in Glayson City. Your mother knows it, that's why she hired me. And only her knew where I really came from, including your father."

"How come I didn't know this?" 'Di ko mapigilang itanong 'yon.

Trackers are rare until now and it was believed by the most that they are extinct. They are rather special because of their unnatural sense of smell because it was way stronger than a normal werewolf has. Their sense of smell was more sensitive than mine. They are labelled extinct dahil wala pang naibalita na may nakasalamuha ng isang tracker sa buong kumunidad ng mga taong lobo. Not until now.

"Your parents hid it. My family and mine's information, she hid it to everyone because it might cause havoc. You know, to know someone who is useful to have great victory against everyone or could be a tool to use whether it is for good or bad was something that most people were chasing. They need it to have the upper hand that will lead them to success. And mostly, the greedy ones are always after it. Kaya mas minabuti ni Queen Serene at King Quorantian na itago ang tungkol sa amin. But information of other werewolf were easy access and all of their files were in your mother's hand, also yours, miss Selene. She also let me read all of it to learn and to be prepared for the future." She sighed. "Please don't hate your mother or your father, miss Selene. They only did it because they know what is needed to do."

I pinch the bridge of my nose in annoyance. Three years was long enough to get to know each other, but it was still not enough to know everything, personally. My desire to meet my biological parents has been fulfilled, and yet, I still don't feel the same as I was years ago. When my mama was still alive. The emptiness doesn't go away all these years. I wonder if I go back to Golden pack it would fill those empty feeling, or it will only worsen as I have been dealing emotions from those years. From the day I started feeling the emotion named anger.