14. Chapter Fourteen.

Third party POV

"You know I warned you about that troublesome child of yours! Prior to her having the chance to go, we ought to have sent her away." Layla otherwise known as Rena, Stepmom yelled in frustration at her husband.

"That's my daughter and your stepdaughter you're uttering nonsense about Violet." Layla's father addressed his wife.

"This is a behaviour from her that I will not tolerate. She has now been gone for a whole month without a trace, she hasn't even bothered to reach put to us if she's even alive. Liam I am pregnant with your daughter. This stress is too much for me to handle in my condition. Whenever you stress, I stress." Violet exclaimed to her husband King Liam.

"My daughter is still fucking alive, and I know this has been causing you a lot of stress, so I've decided to send you on a trip away for a month until I have everything sorted out." King Liam squeezed his wife's hand in a comforting manner while speaking to her in a somewhat stern tone.

"Liam, I'll never leave your side! That will simply make me feel more stressed. Why not join me on this vacation instead, and Jason can manage things till we get back." She continued.

"This is my child. Violet, do you not have any compassion for her? She might be in serious danger and want my assistance. I must remain here and look for my daughter." Liam informed her.

"And I'm your wife, who has been carrying your unborn daughter for the past month while you've been neglecting us. What happens if I miscarry Liam, our unborn child? You are only considering one daughter. You're being inconsiderate and selfish." The King was stunned when Violet spoke.

"I'll pretend that I wasn't listening when you said that, Violet. I'm concerned about Layla, my unborn daughter, and you. In reality, I would be being egotistical if I neglected Layla simply for the benefit of you and my unborn child. You need not worry, even though I may temporarily divert my attention from you." Before adding, King Liam spoke.

"You can't just-" Violet was cut off before she had the chance of finishing.

"This conversation will end at this moment. I need not hear anything more from you concerning the matter. Everything will be fine soon. I have a meeting to attend to." King Liam ended leaving the room and not listening to hear anything else his wife had to say.

They quickly stood up upon seeing King Liam enter the chamber, as he has been doing for some time now with his most trusted men present. After taking a seat, King Liam invited them to join him in sitting as well.

"What is the latest development you've gotten so far on my daughter?" The king question.

"King Liam, there's a good chance your daughter is still in Asentrix, and we have good cause to think so." An advisor to the king spoke.

"Gentlemen, although this is good news, I'm hoping you have an even greater reason to believe this," he said. "This is the first great news I've heard in weeks. I pray this isn't a lead to another dead end." King Liam made a statement.

"We have so far been able to review every surveillance footage from the past month that has a connection to Asentrix's border, but we haven't seen her leave. She hasn't gotten on any boats, ships, planes, or even cars. Her last image is actually of her at Bridgerton's Cafe Lenox, where a few unidentified males were seen." Said Jake, the king's closest adviser.

"So how does this actually confirm my daughter is still in Asentrix?" The king questioned.

"Based on the group of black-clad males at the Lenox café, we can only conclude that they travel in pack, which might mean that they are a gang, and if I'm absolutely correct sir then just means Layla could've likely been abducted," Jake said before continuing.