|16|

Tobias

Almost a month has passed since I've talked to Ace. Each time I wrote to him, he never wrote me back. But yesterday I did talk on the phone with him. I was surprised that he picked up the phone. We agreed that he's going to meet up with me this upcoming Saturday.

Though, I'm thrilled that he's giving me another chance to talk to him again, I know deep down that this visit is not going to go too well.

A few weeks ago, I took the dna test and it came back positive. The kid was indeed my son. Really, I don't know how to feel, considering I didn't know I had one and that I missed out on a lot of shit.

I don't know how some shit like that could've happened and I wore a condom that day. Whatever, all I know is that I'm in some deep shit with Ace. He isn't going to be happy.

Castro was staring at me in the reflection of the mirror as I was examining my beard and was picking my hair that has grown.

I put the pick down on the sink. "What?"

"Ain't you tired of looking all bummy?"

"Fuck you," I muttered, not in the mood for his shit.

"I'm just saying, you want me to hook you up right quick?"

I turned around to fully face him, leaning against the sink. "Since when did you become a barber?"

"I always been one. I was a barber before I got locked up," he shrugged. "Clearly you need a cut."

I swear, he surprises me the more I get to know this kid.

"Aight, I'm trusting you."

He got up and grabbed one of the hard foldable chairs that was in the corner and set it in the middle of the cell. Then, he went over to his area and got the stuff that he needs for my hair.

Castro draped a towel over my shoulders as he began to cut my hair. I was hoping that he wouldn't fuck up or anything.

He was cutting the side of my hair, and he suddenly stops. I looked over at him and saw that he has his fist balled over his mouth. "Oh shit..."

"What? The fuck did you do?"

Not even a minute into cutting my hair, he's already fucking up. I was about to get up and fuck him up until he just laughs.

"I'm fuckin' witchu!"

"You play too damn much," I muttered, pissed that he would play like that.

Relaxing back into the chair, he picks up where he lefts off at. Hair upon hair falls onto the ground as he was cutting.

To make conversation, he asks me about something. "You got anybody visiting you this weekend?"

I glanced over at him with my head tilted to the side as he has one hand on the side of my head, and the other hand was gliding the clippers a little above my ear.

"Yeah," I answered.

He nodded his head. "Family?"

"My boyfriend."

Castro looks at me. "You got a boyfriend?"

I looked over at him with a hard glare.

He threw his hands up in surrender. "Ion got a problem with it. Just never thought. You really don't be talking about no one really."

He was right, I'm very private in here.

"If you don't mind me asking, how y'all meet each other?"

Again, I glanced at him and he looked dead serious. Sighing, I just told him. "We met eleven years ago a little after he became a leader of his gang. But before he became leader, I always had my eye on him the very first time I saw him. Fast forward a few years ago, we started dating. Every since then, we just been together."