|15|

Kasey

What happened on my sister's birthday was a disaster. Never thought that I would get into it with my little brother out of all people, but he was pushing me. Luckily, I stopped myself from hurting him when I saw Jasmine's face.

I just hate that my sister had to witness some shit like that on her birthday.

"So you're ignoring me?"

Chance was pressing me, asking me why I been out the house so much lately. He doesn't even live here, mind you.

"What, Chance?" I sighed.

He scoffed. "What's been going on with you lately? You haven't been your usual self. You been staying out, keeping shit away from me, haven't been showing me no love—"

"I got a gang to run and you know that."

"And that's your main priority? I feel like you're cheating on me," he muttered.

I rolled my eyes. Here the fuck we go again.

"I'm not cheating on you. How many times do I gotta tell you that?" I lean over so I can press my lips against his. He look like he didn't want to kiss back.

"If there's someone else, you will tell me, right? I don't want to stay with you and you don't feel the same way how I feel about you."

"I do feel the same way." I took his hand into mine, staring deeply into his eyes. "There isn't no one. I rather be with you."

He looks hesitant by my words but kiss me again.

I feel bad for lying to him.

There is someone else and I can't get him outta my head. I haven't for the past six years. Sometimes—fuck that, I really do miss him. I miss him like crazy.

I been missing him since the day he left me.

I know that I don't love Chance. He's only here to distract me from Gee. He ain't no Gee.

"I'll see you later on," Chance says, grabbing his things before leaving.

Now here I am, left alone.

That's when my phone began to ring in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out and saw an unknown caller ID calling me. An annoyed groan left from me when I saw this is the same number that's been calling me for days now.

The phone continues to ring and that's when I finally picked it up. "Yo, you got the wrong number—"

"Kasey."

I pulled the phone back to look at the number again before putting it back to my ear. "Who are you and how you know my name?"

The light voice only giggled, even though I said nothing funny. "It's been a while. You forgot about your old friend?"

That's when the voice began to finally register into my brain.

"Dani?"

"You guessed right," she chuckled. "We got some important things to discuss, baby. You think you can meet up with me?"

"What? I'm not meeting up with you."

The line goes silent for a moment, making me look down at it for a split second before putting it back to my ear.

"Oh, I think we really should talk. I've been trying to contact you. Either you meet up with me so we can have a talk or I'm showing up to your aunt's house unexpectedly. I always wanted to meet your family. Your sister seems sweet."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Aight, I'll meet up with you, but if you ever bring my sister into this shit again, I will—"

"See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" She interrupted with that familiar perky voice.