44. Hidden

This chapters kind of tame, not much actually happens. This and chapter 45 were going to be done in one part but it would have been almost six thousand words long and I didn't want to hit y'all with that.

Either way next part should be out soon but I can't be sure.

~~~

"We've kept everyone waiting long enough. It's about time we unveiled the schedule for this year's tournament!" Chapati announced.

The ground rumbled and clouds of dust formed along the arena floor. A large slab of stone rose up before their eyes. It's surface inscribed with the plans for the week's events.

"Each one of the rounds will begin with a contest. Teams will select which of their members they wish to compete and they will then be awarded points based on their rank!" He explained, leaning into the microphone with a big grin. "After that we have battles. Quite a treat for all you fans, as it was your suggestions that created them!"

"So if you don't watch how much magic you use in a contest, you could find yourself in a battle with no time to rest," y/n mused. She stared at the schedule through narrowed eyes, regarding it carefully.

"The battle rules are simple, the winner earns their team ten points while the loser gets nothing. In the case of a draw both teams are to be awarded five points," Chapati said. He leaned forward in his seat, eyes shining. "Ready for action? Let's get things started with the first contest of the Grand Magic Games. One that we call Hidden!"

"So, who wants to go?" Laxus asked, not taking his eyes off of the arena floor as the other competitors were chosen.

"If I may, I would like to test the waters," Juvia said.

"Don't you think y/n should handle this one?" Gajeel asked. "Game's called Hidden, she's the stealthiest person I know,"

"Hey now, Juvia said she wanted to compete," y/n said, raising her arms up as if to say her hands were tied. She put a hand on the water mage's shoulder, pushing her out onto the field with a warm smile. "I, for one, have the utmost faith in her ability,"

Juvia averted her gaze as she hurried forwards, her face dusted a rosey pink.

"The competitors have been chosen and the long wait is finally over!" Chapati exclaimed. "Grab a refreshment and get glued to your seat. You're not gonna want to miss a single nail-biting moment of Hidden!"

The pumpkin, Mato, stepped out onto the field. "Will each participant kindly stepped forwards,"

Mira clapped excitedly. "You've got this Juvia!"

"I'll be sure to win," she declared confidently.

Y/n couldn't help but laugh as Gray stepped forward. His hands were stuffed in his pockets, his eyes focused on the other competitors before him as he ignored the cries of his rowdier teammates.

"Yeah! Go play hide and seek like a real man!"

"You'd better not lose snowflake! Do you hear me?! We're better than those Saber-jerks and Gajeel's team of losers!"

"Thanks, Natsu," y/n rolled her eyes, throwing him a dead stare over her shoulder.

He went red, frantically gesturing with his hands. "Not you y/n! You're super cool and totally not a loser!"

She shook her head with a small smile, turning her attention back to the arena.

"Now, if all our competitors are ready, it's time to open the field!" Mato announced as the rest of the participants filed out of the arena to their designated viewing areas.