FINAL

My eyes flutter open, my head pounding and feels like my whole body is on fire.

"Ah, so you're finally awake?" Mr. D says sitting next to me.

"I'm...alive?" I grunted out.

"For a few minutes... no." he stands up. "WHAT KIND OF IDIOT STABS HIMSELF TO KILL SOMEONE BEHIND THEM!" he yells loudly.

"Ah- quiet...please." My head pounding. "When he spoke in my left ear I figured his heart was right behind me... so I stabbed through...me." I say.

"YOU COULD HAVE KILLED YOURSELF!" he yells again.

"I thought off that, but luckily the heart is on the right side so... I did it." I say.

"What?" he says.

"I know the heart is on the right, so I stabbed the left side of my chest hoping he was more left since he spoke in my left ear." I say.

"Percy... the heart is on the left." He sits in disbelief.

"What?" I look at him.

He points to my chest an inch over from where I stabbed.

"That's your heart..." he says.

"Oh... don't tell Annabeth..."

After that, Mr. D had to leave. But he said I was on my way home to get some rest.

Days off laying in bed, and random nurses coming in and stripping my mummified bandaged body and washing me... very roughly. We finally docked at home.

"Come on kid." Mr. D says helping me out of bed.

I check myself in the mirror, most of my body wrapped in bandages. The only visible parts is my legs and head.

The ramp lowers slowly. Just coming into view, was Estelle sitting on Mom's shoulders, and Annabeth standing next to them. I run off the ramp just as it touches ground and straight into their arms. Their tight hugs and squeezes was excruciating, but I loved every second.

"I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Estell bawls her tiny eyes out flinging herself onto me. "MOM WOULDN'T LET ME WATCH!" she sobs.

"Thank the gods you came back Percy." Mom's face soaked in tears. "Come Estell, let them talk." Mom pry's Estell off me.

"Hey." I smile looking at Annabeth.

Her eyes wet and happy. Then quickly turned to pure rage.

"YOU THOUGHT YOUR HEART WAS ON THE RIGHT!" she hits me where I stabbed myself.

"OW! MR. D, YOU BASTARD!" I yell as Mr. D cackles away.

5 YEAR LATER

"I knew I'd find you two out here." Annabeth walks over to me.

"He's teaching me how to fish." I smile holding my son on my lap.

"It's a bit chilly, you two come back inside, Grandma made her famous blue cookies!" Annabeth says.

"I'll race you." I say too him. "Come on Nico let's go!"