25

Grovers face flashes on the tribute memorial hologram in the sky. I keep running away from Luke's group, trying to get distance between us.

As I sprint thought the trees, my foot catches on something and I fly to the ground and crash to the ground.

"Ah... Hey, Percy." A familiar voice says.

I getting to my feet I glance around for my sword that I dropped when I fell. I give up when I get to my feet.

"Where are you?" I ask.

A tall guy steps out from behind a tree, and walks closer. His face reaches a beam of moonlight.

"I was hoping not to meet you." Jason says.

"Yeah... same." I say.

"I don't wont to do it..." he says.

"We can team up... and work together." I say, standing defenseless.

"Can't do that..." he pulls out a sword.

"Can I at least find my sword first?" I ask.

"No." he steps closer.

"It would be a lot cooler if we had a sword fight." I try to convince him.

"It would... but I can't take that chance." He gets closer, nearly stabbing range.

"Are you...chicken?" I look at him.

"Wha- did you just call me chicken?" he stops moving.

"Are you chicken?" I repeat slowly raising my hand into wings.

"Don't you do it." he points at me.

"Bawk?" I flap my wings.

"Stop." He raises his sword at me.

"BAWK!" I yell flapping my wings.

I see Nico behind Jason sneak up and pick up my sword.

"Bawk?" I flap again.

"That's it!" Jason raises his sword.

Nico throws my sword and I catch it right in time to block Jason's attack.

"What the?" Jason says as he staggers back.

"I'm surprised that worked too." I shrug and raise my sword.

Jason swings at me and I perry his attack and hit him in the stomach.

"We could work together!" I repeat.

He thrusts his sword at my chest, and I step to the side dodging it. He kicks my leg and I fall to a knee, and he swings down at my head. I thrust my sword up at his chest, impaling him. Jason falls to his knees with ragged breath.

"We could have been a team." I stand over him.

"I know... I wanted to... but I couldn't." He says blood filling his mouth. "President Zeus... would have...killed my....family." he pushes out the last word and dies on the spot, still sitting on his knees. His head slumps down.