prolouge

It started when we were younger, you were mine....

"So when am I going to see you again?" Jamie asked with teary eyes. she had just found out her best friend of 3 years was moving across the country.

" I don't know mie." Kareem was never supposed to move but due to financial problems and his mother getting remarried, it was nessceary for his family to move to save money. leaving Jamie and his hometown behind was something he would have never imagined he'd have to do. But now at 14, he knows he might never see her again. and she knew it too.

"When are you leaving?" Jamie wanted to know exactly how long she had been with her best friend before he left.

"Tomorrow." Jamie was heartbroken Kareem never kept secrets from her so why didn't he tell her?

" What the actual fuck Kareem why didn't you tell me?" by this time she had tears streaming down her face but she didn't care, she was too mad to care.

Kareem never meant to hurt her feelings he just didn't know how to tell her. he didn't think she would react this way. Seeing her cry made him feel like shit.

pulling her into a hug he apologized profusely. Jamie never cried so her crying over him made him smile a small smile even in that sad moment.

crying over the situation won't help, Jamie thought to herself. pulling away from his warm embrace and into the cold New York winter, she looked into his eyes. " you'll call me, right?

" of course" He wouldn't be able to go long without hearing her sweet voice.

" Aight, love you, Reem."

"Love you too Mie."

After uttering sweet nothings Jamie turned her back to Kareem and started her long and cold journey back home not daring to look back and letting see Kareem see the tears streaming down her face.

As he promised after the move he called as often as he could but as time went by and as they got older he soon forgot about his best friend. but Jamie never forgot about her first love and best friend Kareem