𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑽

"Nonno I knew it was you!"

She hugged her grandfather tightly, with him returning the embrace. Adriana couldn't help but cry.

"Aria... How many years has it been, il mio flore? You have grown quite a lot!" His laugh brought back memories. Adriana moved away, but still held hands with her grandpa.

"You are finally smaller than me, nonno, but you are in great shape! Oh, I have so much to tell you!"

"Not here, il mio flore, let's go somewhere a little more private." He brought one hand to her back, guiding Adriana through the door he came from. She looked back, searching for her boyfriends.

"I just have to tell them not to worry about me..."

"Who did you come with? I'll tell my guys to inform them."

"It's Elias Perez, Nicolas Clark and Isaac Holland."

As their names left her mouth, grandfather looked at Adriana with a concerned look. "Do you know them very well?"

"Uh, yeah. Pretty well."

"...Okay then. For now, we have a lot to catch up on."

Adriana and her grandpa went into a cosy but big living room, leaving two bodyguards behind the door. Grandfather went up to a tray with a variety of alcohol and poured himself a glass.

"The last time I've seen you, you were way too young to drink."

"Well, I am up for a drink now." With a sweet smile, grandpa gave Aria a glass with whiskey and sat down in an armchair in front of her. He seemed to have something on his mind.

"...How is your mother?" The question left his mouth, making Aria flinch a little. That was probably the last thing Adriana expected for him to ask about.

"Mother is... Selfish. I mean she's living well, traveling everywhere... I was staying with Wren or nannies most of the time." A sigh escaped his lips and grandpa took a sip of his drink.

"She is always like this. That child... She can't just stay still."

"Tell me about it..."

The atmosphere became awkward, both of them were just drinking the whiskey until grandfather decided to speak up again.

"...How are you doing?"

"I'm, I'm good. I live well, go to university. Even though mother was the one that enrolled me. It's good though."

"I see... I still can't bileave how much you have grown. It's just... hard to not look at you like at a child anymore."

A tear rolled down his cheek. Adriana doesn't remember ever seeing her grandfather cry before, so she got emotional too. The two of them laughed while crying, talking over the old times. The time ran fast, and Adriana got up to stretch.

"Oh, we have been here for hours. Maybe we should continue some other time?"

She smiled brightly at her grandfathers idea, waited for him to get up, and walked together to the door.

"I will find a way out myself, I'm sure my boy- My friends are waiting for me."

Adriana stopped herself from spilling the beans, scared grandpa might get a heart attack.

"Sure, il mio flore. Just be careful with those three. The Perez family has quite the reputation in the mafia world."

...What? The Mafia world?

Adriana quickly composed herself and kissed his cheek. After saying good bye, she headed down the corridor back to where the ball was, when someone came up behind her back. Adriana tried to struggle, but a damp cloth laced with something was put over her mouth, making Aria sleepy. Suddenly, everything went black.