𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑰𝑰𝑰

"How do I know you aren't lying?"

The question seemed to catch the curly haired guy off guard.

"You don't know who we are?"

Finally, the third guy talked with a slight Italian accent, he showed no emotion while asking. His eyes were a dark bronze. He was tall, very tall with broad shoulders, obviously he worked out. With a completely black suit and perfect black hair the man looked like someone important. Unfortunately, Adriana didn't know who. Catching herself staring at his veiny hands, Aria snapped back and looked away at the other man that was talking on the phone. The call didn't seem to go well.

"No idea who you are, sorry."

"How?"

The curly hair guy came closer with mischief in his eyes. Aria stepped back in hopes to gain back the distance.

"I have never met you before? How does that change anything, anyway? Am I supposed to let you into the house if I know who you are?"

Adriana looked back around the house and was a tablet next to the door with four names, one was hers. A though popped up in her head.

Let's try that.

"Hey. What are your names anyway?" She asked, a glint of interest in her eyes.

"Elias Perez."

The tall guy in a suit was first to introduce himself. Aria looked back at the tablet. His name was indeed there. Her eyes shifted to a little bit shorter and lean curly haired guy, waiting for his introduction. He seemed to take the hint.

"I'm Isaac Holland, pleasure to meet you."

His name was also on the tablet. Now, there was only one left, and he still was angrily shouting at someone on the phone.

"And him?"

Adriana pointed at the angry man, Isaac turned his head and quickly answered.

"That's Nicolas Clark. Don't mind him too much, he's very hot headed."

Isaac continued to talk shit about Nicolas with that sweet voice of his. The third name was also on the tablet. Now being sure that they were indeed her new dormmates, Aria relaxed a little and opened the door for them to come in.

"You're trustworthy enough, I guess. Welcome to your new home and sorry about the interrogation. Got to be careful, you know? Also take off your shoes, please."

"It's fine, we are clear now, right? What is your name, by the way?"

Isaac seemed to be the chattiest out of all three, he headed with Aria to the kitchen. Elias went straight up the stairs, probably to pick his room. Nicolas was still outside fuming.

What a weird bunch. She thought before answering.

"I'm Adriana."

"Adriana."

He repeated. His tone intoxicating. The power of his voice could make anyone fold. But unlucky for him, Aria couldn't register his lustful tone. It was obvious Isaac was intrigued by Adriana. The girl that was crying under a tree like a nymph, now is full of life right in front of him, even more beautiful up close.

"So, Adriana, do you have a boy-"

Isaacs sentence was cut short by a bang of the door, soon enough Nicolas entered the kitchen not looking very happy.

"How did the phone call go?"

Isaac asked him, almost in a mocking way, but Nicolas just ignored his tone.

"Shitty. Thanks for asking. So, what the fuck is up with miss 'This is my house'?"

He signalled to Adriana, who just sipped her glass of water. She looked him up and down before setting her glass on the island counter.

"Take off your shoes in the house, please."

Aria said in a calm tone. Somehow, Nicolas took that as a bossy command.

"I ain't doing shit," He looked her up and down" "Darling."

"Then you will clean the house."

They both exchanged glares. Adriana had a bad habit of matching peoples' energies, whoever she was talking to, she would catch their way of speaking, their mannerisms and their temper, and it would rub off on her.

"Was that a threat, darling?"

"It's Adriana, not darling"

Nicolas started getting closer and closer to Aria, who didn't move back. Giving Nicolas what he wants was the last thing Adriana was going to do.

"Doesn't matter. Darling. Now lower your tone before I-"

"Whoa, whoa, Nicolas. Calm down! She just asked you to take your shoes off as to not get the house dirty, are you really that hard headed?"

Isaac butted in to cool down the situation. Fortunately, Nicolas unwillingly listened to him. He kicked off his shoes and moved to open the fridge. He took out a cool bottle of beer and went to sit down on the sofa before turning on the TV.

"What's up with him?"

Adriana asked Isaac, who was right in front of her. He had to lower his gaze to meet Arias height, which he found cute.

"He's always like that. Anyways as I was asking, so you hav-' Isaacs move got cancelled again when the doorbell rang.

"Ooh! That must be my food, sorry, gotta go."

Adriana moved past him and got to the door before opening it and getting her pizza form the delivery man and paying for it. This gave Isaac a chance to observe Aria. Her figure was hidden under the blanket-like hoodie and her legs were bare. It was obvious that Adriana wasn't on the skinny or slim side, which he found hotter that he should've. Finally, Adriana was done with the delivery man and turned back around to face Isaac.

"You want some? Because I'm going to eat it in my room."

"Ah, no thank you. Enjoy your meal."

With a thanks, Aria headed upstairs, leaving Isaac with Nicolas. Isaac also grabbed a beer and sat down next to him.

"The fuck is up with you?"

Nicolas spoke up first, not understanding why Isaac was being so friendly with the girl all of a sudden. Isaac was popular with the girls, sure, but he never went out if his way to talk to one. He just answered them mostly.

"What? Can't I talk with her?"

"You were going to ask if she has a boyfriend."

"So? Are you jealous I am getting along with her better than you?"

The goes that narcissistic smile of his again. Isaac always enjoyed picking on Nicolas ever since they were kids. He used to go on and on until Nicolas started to cry, then he had to calm him down in hopes to not alert grandma. Now their fights ended in bruises, bloody noses, and death glares from Elias. Those were hella scary.

"No fucking way. You're just... Acting weird around her."

"Well what will I do if she had a hard day today? I mean I saw her crying earlier today."

Nicolas almost broke his neck while turning to look at Isaac who was peacefully watching the show on TV.

"Crying?"

"Yeah, she looked amazing..."

Isaacs thoughts went back to the image he saw through his window after getting bored of painting. Instead of the usual trees and a few students walking by, he saw Adriana crying, her tears rolling down her cheeks like pearls. Isaac wanted to see her crying more, he wanted to see her cry for him, and only him. That thought made him excited.

"You look really fucking creepy right now."

Nicolas snapped him back to reality. Whenever Isaac would get lost in his sadistic thoughts, his face would turn into one filled with lust and mischief, which creeped Nicolas out. After wiping the creepy look off of Isaacs face, his own mind drifted to the girl that was more than ready to fight him. Him. Nicolas Clark.