Basement Eyes

It had been a few days since the shopping trip and I've taken up some chores with Zara and Jordan to help with the garden in the courtyard I was glad I was finally able to get the chance to go there. we are growing flowers and vegetables. I've ran into Copia a couple of time where he just talked mindlessly about band practice. I missed the ghouls a lot. I laid on my bed just looking at the ceiling. When there was loud knocking on my door. I got up thinking it was going to be the girls who wanted to play uno again or talk about some of the guys here that I've recently been introduced to that we have been hanging out with. I opened the door and to my surprise there stood a very hyper Swiss.

     "(Y/n) it has been to long now come down to the basement please." He spoke urgently. I have a confused look. I wasn't even properly dressed. "Well what are you standing there for let's go?" He grabbed my wrist and we ran to the basement just like that one day last week. We finally made it down into the basement and we walked into there little living area to see four ghouls standing and sitting around minding there own business with Rain sitting on the couch in front of us.

    "She shouldn't be down here." A familiar voice squeaked out.

     "Oh shut it Rain Sister is out right now we will be fine. Your not going to get in trouble. Just blame me I can take it." Swiss told him his hand still gripping my wrist. I saw Rain look over at us then down at our wrists he just looked for a few seconds to long before he went back to his sketchbook muttering something under his breath. I shot a confused look at Swiss. "Yeah, that night Rain walked you back to your room and Sodo came knocking on the door Sister Imperator was right around the corner and she saw them leaving your room. Rain took all the blame."

"It's stupid those ghouls were sent back to hell and none of us would eat a child!" Rain threw his hands in the air in annoyance.

"I know but certain people aren't comfortable anymore with ghouls out and about."

"It's so dumb I need to get a pass or can only leave the basement for a few hours during the day." Rain spoke with such annoyance I could feel it radiating off of him.

"Yes Rain I agree and maybe we can do something about this but let's do something else right now while (Y/n) is here we don't know when she'll be back." Swiss spoke calmly. Rain looked back up at us then down at our wrists to were Swiss let go of me upon that and mumbled a quick sorry.

"You're right. Oh (Y/n) you left your sketchbook and bag here. It's still in the practice room." Rain bounced up. I caught me off guard how delighted he sounded. I walked aside him on our way to the practice room Swiss fell back a bit not even entering the room.

     "Sorry if I seemed annoyed at you the other day it wasn't you I'm annoyed that it's not allowed for us ghouls to go around or do anything." He hesitated. "Do you know about the story of that boy?" He asked but very quietly almost like he didn't want to tell me. I nodded. "You know what happened?"he asked quietly but sporadically. I nodded again as he opened the door to the practice room. "And you still come down here?" I nodded again. "Wow I- thank you." He spoke. I was confused why was he thanking me they really didn't seem like child eating murderers to me.

We walked in and there on the floor where I left it was my bag with my sketchbook falling out of the top of it.

Sorry I left it in such an inconvenient spot you guys could of moved it. I chuckled.

"Oh it's really not that inconvenient trust me Sodo would of moved it if it was." He laughed out rubbing the back of his neck. "And um we've been practicing a lot more since that night you and your friends went out."

     Why were you there? I was confused because they were all supposed to be at dinner.

      "Oh um well I was going up to your room to see if you wanted to come down and play cards against humanity with us and when I got to your door Sister Imperator and Cardinal were standing there and they saw me walking up and I tried to get away without them seeing me but it was to late. Got in trouble then had to go wait by the door so I could translate for you." He spoke softly.

    That's horrible I'm sorry that happened to you. That's so annoying that you can't walk around anymore after what happened to that kid.

     "How do you know what happened to that kid?" He asked solemnly.

      These two girls I'm friends with now told me like a week ago.

     "Did they tell you that we are dangerous." He looked down at his hands that he was picking the skin off of. "Do you think I'm dangerous?" He asked with desperation looking back up at me. I shook my head no.

      I didn't really believe the story I knew you guys wouldn't kill anybody.

     "Well the story is true and it completely wrecked the church when the news broke. We have been trying to find solutions to fix the problem and one of them were to not let us out anymore. These vampire attacks don't help either maybe one day we will be able to go out again." He sighed and looked down at his hands again. It was clear there was something he wanted to say but wasn't. He looked back up.

    Are you alright? I signed with concern.

     "I'm sorry for that night I said you should talk to your friend Lilith I didn't know what happened."

     Oh don't worry about it you didn't know plus I'm fine now.

    "Yeah I'm still sorry though." He spoke looking at the floor. "OH on another note there is a Ritual tomorrow at 8:00 you should come!" He excitedly spoke looking at me. For the first time I could see his amber and gray eyes through the mask.

     I'll be there! I smiled.

    "Great can't wait."

      "Guys she's gonna be back soon (Y/n) it would be best if you went back to your room." Swiss yelled from behind the door.

     "Okay!" Rain called back. I grabbed my bag with my sketchbook and ran out the door to see Swiss standing there. We walked out a bit farther and the door closed Rain was still in the room.

    "Thank you." Swiss spoke still looking ahead. "Rain is talking more then ever he's really coming out of his shell and it's definitely because of you." He looked down at me. I felt my face heat up. I smacked the air to try and say it wasn't true. "No reality he almost never talked and I know he doesn't talk all that much but it's still way more then he used to." He spoke excitedly then paused I can tell he was smiling under his mask. "Will you be coming to the ritual tomorrow?" He asked looking back down at me. I nodded. "Great I'll see you then!"

Word count 1269