The Greatest Story Ever Told

A/n kinda hate this chapter but whatever it's kinda important

   "Ah hello we meet again (Y/n)" Sister Imperator spoke as she sat in a chair motioning Copia and I to sit down across from her so we did. "We need your help can you tell us what happened when those vampires attacked you or how they killed your friend or father? Or why you can't speak?" She asked. I gave her a confused look. My Dad wasn't killed by vampires he was out at work and something happened I don't have the full story all I know is that he was at work then he was murdered.

     "Here you can write the story down on this paper." She told me. I began to write down what happened that night four years ago.

I was fifteen me and my friend Lilith went into the church to put something away for my mom and we were just about to leave to go into the other building for youth ministry when the doors broke open. There were two men running In after us with wooden stakes and stabbed my friend in the heart. They only dragged the wooden stake across my body so I was able to be saved. I don't remember much because I passed out but I remember being forced to drink something then I woke up in the hospital with the news of my friend.

    I put the pen down and slid the paper back over to her. There was an unsettling sensation in my stomach and my hands began to sweat. I haven't spoken or told anyone about this incident since it happened. She was reading the paper with a look of concern.

"Do you remember what they did to your father?" She questioned further and slid the paper back over for me to write down.

My father wasn't killed by vampires. I wrote down.

"Your father is Aaron (L/n) correct?" She asked. I nodded. How did she know my father? "And you weren't aware he was also killed by vampires?" I shook my head no. I had no idea. "Well from what I've heard your father was a vampire hunter along with Lilith's father when they where younger but they both retired when you two were born. One day your father was walking to his car from work and a vampire went up to him and started attacking him and he was begging them to let him at least say goodbye to you one last time but they didn't let him. They then figured out where you and Lilith were and tried to kill you guys. They almost succeeded." She told me sorrowfully. I tried not to cry at the thought. My mother had always told me that my dad died in an accident related to his work. She had always told me vampires weren't real and that they where all fictional. Was she trying to protect me from the truth. I thought to myself.

"I take this is a lot of information amor." Copia soothed putting an hand on my shoulder. This day went from having so much fun to horrible in the span of an hour.

"We believe the vampire that attacked Lilith was named Jax and the one that attacked you and your father was named Azalea, do any of those names ring a bell?" She asked. I nodded. "Which one?" I held up my index finger to indicate I remembered Jax from that night in the woods.

"He was the one who attacked her again in the forest." Copia told her.

"I see." She spoke writing something down in a book. "And you know him Cardinal?" She said like she was double checking that he told the story before.

"Yes I met him that night Aaron was attacked." Copia told truthfully.

"What was it that happened that night you met him?"

"I was ah, walking to get a book for Papa and I saw Aaron fighting Jax and Azalea to get off of him I ran to the other side of the road to help Aaron and the whole time I heard him begging to let him see his child and wife one last time and Jax clawed his face and Azalea said 'Be thankful I'm not killing them tonight' then he bit his wrist and started drinking his blood. Um." He paused figuring out what words to say. "He threw Aarons body in front of his car. I ran over to see if there was anything I could do and Jax was getting all eh tough with me threatening me but when I turned around he saw my robes and just ran off." He finished.

"I see." Sister Imperator finished writing in these books. "So right now we only know the name of two vampires. There had been sightings of more vampires. We need to figure out what is making them stronger and coming out of hiding." She told us. "Well thank you (Y/n) your story did help that's all I need from you two right now I shall see you both soon." She spoke and closed her book and stood up. Me and Copia stood up and shook her hand bye and left.

"Thank you for answering those questions I'm sure they where hard to answer." He spoke up as we walked down the hall.

"Papa can you go to Papa Nihils room he needs you." A voice called from behind us.

"I must go I'll see you later at dinner. Sorry for missing lunch." He apologized and patted a hand on my shoulder and took off behind us. I felt sick I didn't want to eat. Tears started to fall. Of course in my dads final moments he thought about us. I thought to myself. I slowly started walking to my room my vision blurred.

"Oh my Satanas are you alright?" The familiar voice of Rain called out from in front of me. I just wanted to break down and scream and go to bed all at once I didn't want to see anyone right now. I wiped my tears and sniffled before looking up at him. I shook my head no. "Here I was sneaking out to the kitchen let me help you to your room." He spoke softly and took my hand and lead me to my room.

We got there and I opened my door and sat on my bed.

"I like your shirt by the way it's a good band." He smiled at me and sat down next to me. "Do you want to talk about it? You don't have to if you don't want to." He spoke softly his tail wrapped around my torso lightly.

I found out how my dad actually died. I told him my arms moved weakly.

"I know me saying sorry isn't going to fix anything and you probably hear that all the time so I'm not going to say that but I want to let you know that it's normal to feel like this and me and the other ghouls would be glad to listen well maybe just me Swiss and Aether but we are here for you plus you always have your friend to talk to." He finished and put his arm comfortingly on my shoulder. I shook a little as I sobbed.

    He doesn't know. I thought to myself.

Thank you, you have no idea how much that means to me.

    He was about to speak up again but then there was a knock on the door.

     "Rain stop sneaking off to come here and get us food!" Sodo squawked from behind the door.

     "I'm coming out now!" Rain called out at the door. He leaned down by my ear and whispered "I'll see you later Lo-." He cut himself off and walked out the door closing it behind him.

   Word count 1312