Chapter Eight

You guys! It was incredibly hard for me to write Evangeline's character. I wanted to write an innocent girl who had been sheltered and coddled all her life. I wanted to give her a childish aura without being cringe about it because the childish girls in fanfics cringes me the fuck out.
I once read about a girl with a childish personality, I forgot the name of the fic but the FL(a seventeen-year-old girl) actually sucked on a binky. 🤭

Evangeline is only this way because of how she had been sheltered.
It was difficult to write her but I think I did a decent job.

Anyways, do comment and let me know what you think!

I paced back and forth in my supposed bedroom. I will leave soon, go back to my home. I shouldn't get too comfortable here like I did with the library.

You are sitting in my chair...

God damn it! I should have asked for permission first. I glanced at the wall clock and it was almost midnight. He asked me to come to his office at night but he didn't specify exactly when.

I combed my hair and smoothed my dress before I stepped out of the bedroom. I descended the stairs and then stopped, is it appropriate to go to his office in the middle of the night?

"Hey, sweet cheeks."

I jumped up at the deep voice from behind me, I turned and saw the man who was with Nikolai earlier in the library.

He was almost as handsome as Nikolai but less intimidating, he and Nikolai could almost pass off as brothers—maybe they were brothers—but this guy had a friendly aura, the kind of personality that one can easily warm up to, Nikolai, on the other hand, seemed like he was carved with ice.

I tucked my hair behind my ear and shifted on the balls of my feet. "Hi..."

I was still a little hesitant with all these people. It was natural as I have never spent time with anyone but my parents and Leo.

He offered me his hand. "Scott Mancini"

I placed my hand in his and we shook hands. "Evangeline Bolton"

He grinned. "I know who you are, Evangeline" he paused and thought for a while. "Well, now I do, a week ago I didn't even know that you existed"

"A week ago I didn't know you existed either" I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

He laughed at that, for some reason he found it amusing. He leaned against the nearby wall, putting his hands in his pockets, he appraised me up and down. "Is it true that your father had locked you up in a room your entire life?"

I wrapped both of my arms around myself and nodded. I don't know why everyone kept making a big deal out of it. From what dad told me, most people hide their children from murderers and really bad people. And he was right, I could never forget how brutally someone had murdered them, the only reason I was spared is that they didn't know about me. "Yeah..."