28. Barely

Akaashi opened his eyes and panicked as he didn't feel Bokuto. He only heard crashing waves of the ocean and hated it. He grabbed the blankets around him and his chirps from oh so long ago started up along with his softer cries. The sound of his home wasn't helping at all but it had startled him.

"Kotarou!"

The door swung open and Daichi shushed Sugawara. "Turn that shit off! Babe?!"

Suga scrambled for his phone and turned off the music. "What?!"

Akaashi put a hand to his chest, crying. "Where is he? Where's Kotarou?"

"He's taking a shower. He wanted to let you sleep in." Daichi touched his back. "Easy..."

Akaashi nodded shakily. The shower water stopped and Bokuto's head poked through the door. "Oh honey..."

"I'm sorry. I panicked."

"It's okay. Hold on, lemme get dressed and I'll get you."

Akaashi shook his head. "Please finish your shower. I'll go back to sleep." He gulped, looking at Sugawara. "It reminded me of home in the worst way possible."

Suga nodded. "Thank you for letting me know. I'll make sure to put in earbuds from now on."

Daichi looked back. "Both of you?"

"I guess so." Sugawara smiled. "Now you've got two pretty people in your presence."

"Suga."

"You can say he's pretty. We're bred to be pretty lovebug." Sugawara's eyes flashed their deep black. "And eat."

"Stop it!" Daichi half whined, knowing that it was a tease.

Sugawara smiled. "Keiji when you and Kotarou here start messing around don't make it loud, because I know that people like us are loud."

"Koushi be nice."

Akaashi laid back down and ignored him. He huddled under his heated blanket and loosely held onto the words being said around him, letting go as he fell back asleep. Bokuto slipped into bed besides him and kissed his shoulder. "You're so sleepy."

Akaashi turned over and latched onto him.

Bokuto grunted softly but just let it happen. He could hear Sugawara moving about in the apartment, doing his usual rounds of subconscious cleaning. He had nothing better to do anyways with Daichi gone and Suga hated having to go socialize without someone he knew close by.

"Kotarou...? You awake in here?"

"Mhmm."

"Is Keiji awake?"

"Quite the opposite."

"Damn it I wanted to talk to someone about home." He fiddled. "Sorry. You need your rest."

"It's okay, I'm not tired."

"Your sure?"

"Yeah, come sit somewhere. He's out cold."

Sugawara walked in and sat in the corner, finding comfort in the dark due to the fact that he had been in a deeper part of the ocean for most of his life. The deeper you were, the paler and more translucent you would appear. Akaashi was one of the more pale despite being up with his darker siblings, which had appeared odd to Sugawara. Someone had lied to someone else in their family about whose baby he was.

"Why're you over there?" Bokuto questioned, seeing only his eyes. They were showing a soft brown, glowing.

"I like the dark."