13. Nasty Mind

Bokuto rolled over, groaning from the pain in his back. Akaashi shifted, huddling up closer. Bokuto eased his leg down and off his back before wrapping around him and rubbing his back. "Stop moving."

Akaashi huffed. He got as close as humanly possible to Bokuto as he wrapped around him and hummed loudly.

Bokuto smiled into his hair, relieved by the smell. It was his shampoo and conditioner and was familiar. Maybe sometime that day he could get Akaashi new items. That way he had a scent for himself and had more for himself.

Bokuto pat his back gently. "You okay?"

"Mhmm." Akaashi yawned and turned around so he would be spooned.

Bokuto huddled into his back, pushing a bit. Akaashi shouted and hit the floor. Bokuto hurried to sit up and turned on his phone flashlight. Akaashi huffed and grabbed Bokuto's arm. "You good?"

"Mhmm." Akaashi crawled back into bed. "It is very warm."

Bokuto turned on the fan next to his bed and turned back towards Akaashi. Akaashi yawned. "Come here, you're okay."

Akaashi eased closer and huffed.

"You mad at me? Hm?"

Akaashi glared half heartedly before smiling and resting against Bokuto's shoulder.

"Do you need to get in the bath?"

"No. I need to go to sleep."

Bokuto laughed. He rubbed Akaashi's hair. "Fair."

Akaashi sighed softly.

"Goodnight. Again."

"Goodnight." Akaashi slipped a bit and huffed. "Love you."

Bokuto opened his eyes. "Don't say that."

Akaashi snored softly against his chest.

Bokuto's breathing hitched. He shakily breathed out and moved Akaashi onto the bed. He got up and went straight to the bathroom, phone in hand.

"Kuroo?"

****

Kuroo sighed, looking over the mess of a young man in front of him. He was a shaking mess, on the verge of tears.

"I didn't know who else to call."

"You're fine." He sat on his bed and patted his thigh. "Come here."

Bokuto crawled over and put his head down on his thigh, crying. Kuroo ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

"Sorry for what? You went through a lot." Kuroo rubbed his scalp. "I'm right here. I'm right here Kotarou."

Bokuto sobbed into Kuroo's pant leg, his breathing quick and panicked.

"You're gonna make yourself pass out again man. You need to breathe."

"I-I won't. I won't pass out. I just-" he coughed. "I just really need to cry."

Kuroo hummed. "Is it Keiji? Or your grandmother? Or your mom? Or your sister?"

"It's everything."

"I get that. Do you want to go sit in the closet?"

"Y-yeah. Yeah that sounds good."

Kuroo got up carefully and they sat in the cramped space of his closet. Kuroo held Bokuto to his chest as he sobbed. His chest aches for Bokuto. He didn't know his pain but Bokuto rarely ever cried. This was awful.

Bokuto clung to Kuroo, sniffling. "Mm gonna faint."

"Dumbass."

Bokuto tapped his chest.