15. Enigma

Bokuto laughed quietly, crawling over to Akaashi as he slept. He tapped his shoulder and Akaashi huffed. He turned slightly. "Mm?"

"Morning."

"Mornin." Akaashi turned over and snored softly.

Bokuto turned him on his back. "I just had the best crying session with my therapist and I have the urge to take you shopping."

Akaashi nodded. He turned slightly. "Can you get me coffee?"

"I can get you coffee, yes." Bokuto poked his side. "Get up lazy bones."

Akaashi opened an eye. "Cold coffee."

"Yep." Bokuto smiled. "Cold coffee."

Akaashi sat up slowly and Bokuto held him to his chest. He rubbed his hair and cheek, waking him up the rest of the way.

"You slept good?"

"Mhmm. That heated blanket really helps since you always keep the fan on."

"Yeah... don't tell my mom I keep my fan on at night. She swears it raises the power bill by like 200 dollars."

Akaashi chuckled. He looked up and his eyes flashed black for a moment.

"What was that?"

"What?"

"Your eyes turned black."

Akaashi's brows furrowed. "Odd. I guess tonight is bath night then."

"I guess." Bokuto smiled. "Okay so I know you aren't crushing on me just because I saved your ass. You've met my friends and known them for a long time. Nearly a year now. So I figured you'd want to go on a date. Hence the shopping."

Akaashi's cheeks reddened. "Yes please."

Bokuto giggled. "You are so cute. Go find something from my closet that you like that isn't too big and we can get going."

Akaashi nodded and got up slowly. He leaned into the closet entryway, a hand on his bare chest. He'd made it a habit to sleep without a shirt so he could soak up as much heat as possible at night. It was a halfway excuse to get closer to Bokuto and he knew it but it was helping his health.

Bokuto even insisted on them both being shirtless some nights, which definitely wasn't very straight or very much something for just friends. It certainly made him feel closer to Bokuto in his heart and he loved it.

He felt safe for once and he knew Bokuto felt the same way. He could feel the stares on his back when he changed and listened to the soft chuckles from the other male. Words to his mother confirmed it. The small "Keiji looks so pretty today" notes while Akaashi got ready to go outside with him reminded him of how close they had gotten. Akaashi hardly ever even thought of his life before and the night he had been left for dead.

He was eating human foods by now and was walking and talking like them.

He was in love with one of them.

Bokuto tapped on his bedroom door. "Ready?"

Akaashi nodded, wearing one of Bokuto's old sweaters. It was white and soft, which fit well with him.

"You look so pretty Keiji."

Akaashi smiled. "Thank you."

Bokuto nodded and gently took hold of his hand. "No problem. I'm thinking that new soap shop since you've become obsessed with soap."

Akaashi nodded and followed him downstairs. Bokuto drove him in his mom's car, both quiet. Akaashi had his seat warmer on and he seemed content.

"You want something else too? Maybe something to eat?"