26. Baby

Having the roles reversed for Bokuto was odd. He had taken care of Akaashi's health for weeks and then Akaashi helped him. Suddenly though, he needed to help Akaashi. The whole night both of them had been tangled together in a warm twist of arms and legs.

Now though Akaashi was practically on his own, curled up and under just the cold air of the room. He was whining softly, breathing quick.

Bokuto was waking up, noticing the whimpers and shifting. "Babe... you're just cold. Come here baby."

Akaashi didn't stop, still curled up on himself.

Bokuto reached out and pulled him closer, humming softly into his hair. "Shhhh, shhhh."

Akaashi started to sniffle, curling up again. His whimpers sounded more like cries as the minutes ticked on. Bokuto sat up as quick as his body allowed and shook Akaashi's shoulder.

"Keiji! Keiji wake up!"

Akaashi's eyes opened slightly and he looked up in desperation. "Kotarou..."

Bokuto scooped him up and kissed his hair. Akaashi wept against his shoulder as he shook. "Breathe baby, breathe. I am right here. There's nothing to be scared of. Deep breaths, you're okay. Deep breaths. In and out slowly like the ocean. You love the ocean, yeah?"

Akaashi nodded, choking on his spit a bit in his mouth. Bokuto patted his back. "You're going to overwhelm yourself. In and out real slow, okay?"

Akaashi coughed, nodding.

"It was just a bad dream. I promise you it was only a bad dream."

Akaashi shook his head hurriedly. "From- from- from that-" He started to cough.

Bokuto pat his back a bit harder. "From when I fell?"

"M-mhmm!"

Bokuto kissed his hair. "I'm here. I'm safe. They can't get me. They sure as Hell won't get to you."

Akaashi cried quieter against Bokuto's neck. "I just want to sleep. I need to sleep. Please..."

Bokuto nodded. "Of course."

Akaashi settled on Bokuto's chest and slowly calmed himself but he couldn't get to sleep. He had been up an hour now and he was getting to the point where he would get fussy.

"We're trying something because I need sleep too and I can't do this all night."

Akaashi nodded. Bokuto grabbed his medicine basket and found his sleep medication.

"Here. Take half a tablet, it should knock you out."

"No! That's for you!"

"Keiji you've been having trouble since then. Just take this or I'll get you something from one of my friends. Adult gummies or something."

Akaashi shrank back. He hated the second idea more than the first.

"You don't have to. I can try to get you to sleep again if you want." Bokuto laid down. Akaashi fiddled with his hands as Bokuto laid beside him.

"Koutarou?"

"Yes honey?"

"Where is your pill cutter?"

Bokuto sat up and grabbed it from his nightstand. "Give me a little light babe."

Akaashi shone his phone screen over the little plastic box. Bokuto's hands were clumsy with handling the pill and the box but he got the tablet cut in half.

"Here we go. Just grab my water. It should kick in within thirty minutes."

"Are you sure?"

"Your blood is thinner than mine and you are so sensitive to medicine. You'll sleep like a baby for about twelve... sixteen hours?"