9. Talking

Akaashi stared from where he was on the floor at Bokuto, very much confused.

"Oh look at the little man! He's so cute!" Bokuto sat down carefully and bounced his brother. "Is everything okay with him?"

"Yep. Took forever to get him out and it hurt real bad but he's okay." Bokuto's mother yawned. She spotted Akaashi sitting between the couches, squished in the safety of the space. "Keiji? Hey hun, do you want to see the baby too?"

Akaashi nodded. He tried to move but found that his shoulders were caught. Surely he wasn't stuck? He'd never gotten stuck before. Not even in the underwater caves he explored did he get stuck. He tried to get up again and Bokuto stared. He handed his little brother to his father as he saw Akaashi panic. "Easy there man. You can't squeeze into such tiny places. You're like my height and I can't either."

Bokuto moved one of the couches and helped Akaashi stand. He pushed it back into place and pat his back. Akaashi shivered.

"Do you want to hold the baby?"

Akaashi nodded. "Floor."

"Sure." Bokuto got his brother and handed him to Akaashi as he sat on the floor. "Isn't he precious?"

Akaashi stared, curious. He touched his hair with the tip of his finger and smiled.

"His name is Junpei, which I think is sweet."

Akaashi nodded. He hugged him carefully, whole body warmed. He wasn't used to such wholesome creatures. Usually the babies in his colony of people were mean and would attack if messed with but this little one just slept peacefully.

"He's super cuddly haha."

Akaashi looked up and let himself let out a soft thrum from his chest, just low enough to only allow Bokuto to hear it. Bokuto tapped their heads together, just trying to be nice.

Akaashi flushed. He looked back to Junpei before looking to Bokuto's parents. He smiled.

"Have you spent much time around little ones Keiji?" Bokuto's mother questioned.

Akaashi shook his head.

"Well you're doing great."

"Hey they've got the little one for a bit. Do you want to go lay down?" Bokuto's father whispered, wrapping an arm around his wife. She smiled, leaning into it. "I will take that as a yes. Kotarou, bring Junpei upstairs when you two are done."

"Yes sir." Bokuto sat by Akaashi and they fawned over Junpei and his little hands. Nearly an hour passed before he was put upstairs. Bokuto brought Akaashi upstairs and got more salt and a scuba mask from the kitchen. "Wanna talk?"

"Mhmm!" Akaashi took off his shirts and turned on the tub, pouring the salt into it. He dunked his head and shook it a bit to get used to the feeling.

Bokuto put on the mask and eased under the water. He looked to Akaashi, who smiled. Bokuto tapped his nose, internally laughing. Akaashi giggled.

"Junpei is a very pretty baby. I remember when my sister came out of her egg, she was also very small."

Bokuto nodded.

"I am confused though. Why are you not scared of storms? Are you scared of anything?"

Bokuto raised above the water and took off the mask. He pressed his ear to the water only so that he could talk. "I'm scared of a ton of things. Like heights and throwing up."

"Throwing up? Why?"

"I'm not sure. But I don't like it."

"Okay..."