Ironwood: Well there we have it. We send as many troops as we can to the southeast, find out exactly what's going on, and eradicate any forces that stand in our way.

Glynda: (growls in frustration) Why must your answer to everything involve a triumphant display of military bravado!? You treat every situation like it's a contest of measuring di—!

Ozpin: Glynda!

Glynda: Well, he does.

Ozpin: She's right. As much as I too would love to end this situation once and for all, we must remember that this may go beyond Vale. Beyond Beacon. And if this truly is part of some master plan for which we know not the final move, we mustn't be so bold. Nor can we risk the spread of panic.

Ironwood: I have served you faithfully for years... but if you mean to tell me that your plan is to really hold the defenses, and wait—!

Ozpin: (abruptly stands from his chair) It is not! You're a general, James. So tell me, when you prepare to go to war, which do you send in first? The flag bearers, or the scouts?

The scene cuts back to Team RWBY's dorm.

Weiss: That was a risky move.

Blake: No, I think you handled it well.

Ruby: I hope so.

(Y/N): I'm just glad that I can aim for someone to fight.

Yang: I'm sure everything will be alright, Ruby. Oh, I know what will cheer you up!

Yang produces a cylindrical package the length of her forearm.

Ruby: What's that?

Yang: I don't know yet. Dad sent it to us. I thought we could open it together!

(Y/N): Is it a bomb? Ooh is it something I can fight!?

Ruby: Ooooh! Something from home!

Ruby zooms over to Yang and wraps herself around Yang, trying to take the cylinder from her. The package opens, and another cylinder, hairy and black, falls out onto the floor and starts to shake. The object suddenly transforms into a corgi. Team RWBY and (Y/N) leans in, staring at it.

The animal barks twice. While Weiss and Blake continue to react with great shock, Ruby, (Y/N), and Yang react excitedly, with Ruby jumping in the air. Ruby, still airborne, is depicted among a changing blue background and four shots of the dog, two full body shots and two headshots. She then poses as she shouts the dog's name.

Ruby: Zwei!

(Y/N): Leader!

Blake: He sent a dog?

Weiss: In the mail?

Yang: Oh, he does stuff like this all the time!

Blake disappears, shown now to be on Ruby's bunk.

Blake: Your father or your dog?

(Y/N) looks at Blake with a blank expression and a sinister smile.

(Y/N): Yes...

Weiss: Are you telling me that this mangy... drooling... mutt is going to wiv wif us foweva? Oh, yes he is, yes he is! Oh, isn't he adorable!

Blake: Please keep it away from my belongings.

Glynda: (Over the intercom) Would all first-year students please report to the amphitheater?

Weiss: Well, we can't exactly leave him here while we're gone for the week.

Ruby sets Zwei down and he walks over to Blake still on the top bunk, and barks.