Born A Rider ~2~

Chapter 2

Colt's P.O.V

Right now, I'm over at my new neighbor's house. He's already becoming my best guy friend. His name is Jake. What I didn't know though was that he has a sister. Her name's Flare and she's very mysterious. She doesn't really talk. She barely looks at anyone. I keep sneaking glances at her and all she does is sit there quietly and eat. When I first laid eyes on her, I felt this attraction towards her. She's beautiful, that's for sure, but there's something else. In her eyes, there's a tint of sadness mixed with fear and longing in her otherwise emotionless eyes.

I snapped back to reality once Jake asked me,"After we finish, you want to go ahead and move that horse Streak." I nodded and replied,"I'm ready when you are." See, Jake and his father Hunter bought this horse from us. His name is Streak and he's wild. We told them that when they bought him but they refuse to listen. He's a wild mustang who can't be tamed but they said they could do it. He nodded and we got up and headed outside. As we walked over to my place, for some strange reason, all I could think of was Flare and the emotion I saw in her eyes.

Why is she sad? Why is she so quiet? What is she longing for? All these questions swarmed in my mind with no answers. Maybe I can find out about Flare and why she is the way she is. Maybe...

Flare's P.O.V

After Jake and Colt left, I excused myself and went up to my room where I looked out the window and watched as Jake and Colt went to go get the horse. Apparently, from what I heard over dinner, is that this horse is a wild mustang. I use to love mustangs. Their so fierce, independent, and fast. I watched as they tried to get him over to our circle enclosure. He kicked, reared up, did whatever. He was beautiful. He was white with black dots and a black tail and mane. He also had black right on his forehead. When they finally got his in the pen, he just ran around the edges of it in a complete circle. I stopped watching and layed down on my bed. I just sat there thinking. Soon, I fell asleep.

****

I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I looked at the clock and it read 12:07am. Wow. I yawned and stretch, not really tired now. I got up and went to the window. I look out and saw the new horse Streak still running, just not as much. I thought for a second before making a decision. I slipped on a pair of my black cowgirl boots and slipped on a black jacket. I silently tip toe'd to the fridge and grabbed some carrots and an apple. I slipped them in my pocket before creeping outside. I walked over to the enclosure and the horse nayed loudly. He reared up. I just stood there. He went back down on all fours and looked at me. His eyes were a light brown color.  We just stared at each other. The emotions in the horses eyes were different. He's a fighter. He won't give up on whatever. He's independent. He's a horse with a free spirit. That use to be like me except I gave up after getting hurt. Maybe I could do this again. Slowly, but maybe. There's just something special about this horse.

I sowly got out a carrot and held it out. The horse took a step, challenging me to move and back down. I stood still. He slowly came forward and took the carrot. He ate it and stared at me. I don't know why, but I feel ths connection to this horse. I put my hand out and he put his face in it. I gently patted him and took a step forward. He relaxed and came forward even more. I got up on the fence and sat as I started to pet the horse. I smiled once in a long time and started to sing like I use to do to Shadow. "It's 3am, and I finally say, I'm sorry, for acting that way. I didn't really mean to, make you cry, oh baby, sometimes I wonder why, does it always have to come down to you leaving, before I'll say I love you." I smiled. I pulled out the rest of the carrots and fed them to him. As I was done, he smiled. I swear, it was a weird horsey smile. I laughed and jumped off the fence.

He nayed and looked at me in confusion. This horse sure does have some personality. I went to the barn and got out a riding blanket. I brought it back and gently layed it on his back. I slowly got on and held onto his mane. It all came back naturally to me. I held on and said,"Heeyah!" He took off and we ran around the enclosure. The feeling of wind on my face and through my hair again felt so good. I've missed it so much. Soon though, I stopped him. I gently got off and he licked my cheek. This is one strange horse. I laughed and took off the blanket. Before leaving, I fed him the apple and put the blanket back up.

When I got back to my room, wit was 3:54am. I layed down, tired now, and feel into a deep sleep.