Chapter 40: The Taking

We stared at each other for long moments before his lips stretched into a tight lipped smile.

"Daughter," he nodded and the other guy exited the room. Thank goodness.

Studying my dad I saw he's aged quite a bit since we last saw each other when I was eleven.

"So what do you want with me?" I said curtly to him.

"Well I want to end your line, what else?"

I stared at him hurt.

"But first I did make a deal with this one guy, shabby fellow, you know him actually. He was the guy who kidnapped you."

I scoffed. "Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"Well then might as well kill me now father."

He nods and looks down. Then he grabs the phone and calls the guy in.

A few seconds later the shabby man who looks like a rat who crawled up from the sewers walks in like he owns the place.

"Well you can take her now to do your business," my father says to him.

The guy nods and picks me up like a rag doll and takes me out the building.

"Again? What's with the no talking thing guy?"

"Listen, if you don't shut up now I will make this worse for you."

"How exactly would you make this worse? You drugged me, kidnapped me, took me to a father who doesn't want me," I choked back a few tears saying that. "Now you're taking me somewhere where I'm pretty sure no ones gonna find me. So how exactly are you gonna make this worse for me?"

He laughs as if this is a joke and snorts in my face.

"There are much worse things than being kidnapped and seeing your dad again, little girl."

I turn my face to hide the tears that are spilling out. "Like what?"

"I can't tell you now, that would spoil the fun." He laughs again and then sticks something in my leg again this time making me dizzy.

"W-what.. What did you do to me this time?" I ask drowsily, and as if in answer to my question I black out.