Chapter 16

Ariana's POV-

I remember that day every day. It haunts my memories. It was all my fault.

"I'm gonna get you Chris!" Alex yelled. I smirked as I tripped him, coming out of my hiding spot. Alex didn't see my foot and tripped over it. We were at a trampoline park.

"Hey! That's not fair, Ari!" Alex exclaimed, stomping his foot. I shrugged with a smile.

"You'll never get me!" Chris yelled. Zane and I smirked.

"You know, tag is too hard! Let's do a boxing match! Since Ari can't take us on, she can be the referee!" Zane said, sounding smug. Alex and I raised an eyebrow. Zane gave me a sheepish smile.

"They're doing that twin thing again, Zane! RUN!" Chris yelled playfully. Alex and I smirked. We started running toward him at full speed. We are the same speed because we train for the same times and such.

Zane let out the girliest scream I have ever heard. Alex looked at me with wide eyes. We both burst out in laughter. We both fell on the floor at the same time as well.

"They're doing it again!" Chris yelled. Zane rolled his eyes.

"So, when are we gonna start boxing?" I asked. Chris looked to Zane, they shared a look. Alex gasped and I looked at them with a pout.

"You think because I'm a girl I can't take you?!" I exclaimed. They gave me an uneasy grin. Alex and I glared. Alex stood up, giving me a hand. I gladly took it.

"I can beat you both, and she can beat me. I think that says something," Alex said. I gave him a thankful look. He nodded. The boys looked skeptical. I rolled my eyes. As 8 year olds, we were pretty self-inflated.

"Let's test that!" Zane said. I smirked. Alex noticed and gave Zane an apologetic look. He's not gonna hold me back.

We made the inflatable basketball court our boxing ring. Zane gave me a confident look.

"Want me to go easy?" He asked. I shrugged.

"If it'll help you sleep better at night," I simply responded. He decided on giving it his all. Alex smirked.

"GO!" Chris yelled. Chris was rooting for Zane, while Alex was rooting for me.

Zane leapt forward. Wrong move, buddy. I swiped my leg under his and he fell on his back. I jumped on his stomach and started punching his stomach so that I didn't hurt his face. He was almost unconscious by the time I finished. Chris gave me a scared look. Alex cheered and declared me winner.

Alex and Chris narrowed their eyes. I looked behind me and saw a man taking Zane away!

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" I screamed.

"Alex! Go get Brian!" I yelled. Chris and Zane were adoptive brothers. We were having a playdate.

Chris looked scared. I gestured for him to trap him in the 'ring'. He nodded. I stood to the side so that he couldn't see me. When Chris shoved him in there, I pounced.

I knocked the guy out, but Zane was gone. It was all my fault. Chris gave me a sad look. Alex came and comforted me. Zane was my best friend. Better than Chris.

"No," I whispered with tears spilling out my eyes. I had blood coming from my mouth. It didn't hurt. Only my heart hurt at that moment. Please be okay.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>