Chapter 22: That Girl

[RIENNA]

In celebration of Olette and Harvey's reconciliation, I decided to treat them out to dinner. Luke offered to be the one to pay for everything but I disagreed, saying that I'm treating my friends out to dinner, and that this wasn't a date he was obliged to be accountable for. He still insisted though, so we just made a deal that we'd share on the bill.

Of course, I took them to my favorite diner near my place and the joint with the friendliest service.

"Table for four, as requested, Ms. Fuentes." Marc says formally, but he had a goofy grin on.

I smirked, "Why thank you, Marcus." I teased. And here I thought he hated formalities.

He just laughed, "I'll give you guys a moment to go over the menu. Be right back." he says before leaving.

I smiled as he left and then turned to Luke, who was narrowing his eyes at the direction where Marc left. I nudged him to get his attention. He glanced at me, "I wish I could tell you that you look cute when you're jealous... but you don't. So quit it."

He frowned, "I wish I could tell you that I'm not jealous... but nothing gets passed a psychologist." he retorted.

I just laughed and held his hand, "There's no competition, attorney."

"hm... I object, your honor." he says, but he a smile was about to form in his face. I just laughed again.

"Cool! They have my fave!!" Harvey says excitedly.

"Which is?" Olette asked.

He pointed at the dessert section of the menu, "Apple Pie!!!"

We made a look at him. Luke narrowed his eyes. Olette raised a brow. And I laughed.

"I like Apple pies too, Harv, but how about a real meal before we skip to dessert?" I suggested.

"Fine, but I'm getting two slices of Apple Pie afterwards."

Olette smirked, "You're such a child."

"And you like that about me, right?"

Olette blushed and rolled her eyes, "Don't push it, Miller."

Just then Marc returned and took our orders.

"Will that be all, sir, ma'am?" he asked, still being formal.

"No thanks, that's everything." Luke answered before I could.

He nodded with a smile at Luke's direction, took our menus, and then left.

Harvey laughed, "Geez Luke, chillax. The waiter ain't gonna steal your girl. Stop being territorial man." he teased.

"Don't talk like that, and I'm not being territorial." Luke says defensively.

"Could've fooled me." Olette mumbled, crossing her arms and smiling smugly.

I squeezed Luke's hand, "Quit teasing him guys... only I can do that, right, Mr. Territorial?"

Luke narrowed his eyes at me. I laughed and then leaned on him, "Just kidding, Luke." He just sighed.

"Three against one isn't fair, you know."

"You would know, huh, attorney?" Harvey teased again.

Before Luke could respond to that, we hard a loud crash. 

We turned and saw a young waitress on the floor surrounded by broken pieces of glass. I widened my eyes as I saw that she had cut herself accidentally in her arm, just a couple of inches above her wrist.