Chapter 99 - I Am Not Alone

Hiruzen was in his office going over the various mission reports. There was a pile of documents on his desk and he went through them as quickly as he could while still memorizing all the relevant information. He quickly finished his work for the day and his mind went to the conversation he had with Kensei.

It has been a couple weeks since his chat with Kensei. His mind then drifted to young Daichi. 'Having him learn medical ninjutsu will be beneficial for the village. But who exactly do I assign to teach him without attracting any more attention to him?... He could wait till he's genin but... That's just wasting his potential... What should I do?'

He let out a sigh and as he was pondering on how to proceed regarding everything, his secretary came in.

"Sir, Inoichi Yamanaka is here to see you."

"Send him in."

The secretary left and a blonde long haired man who was the head of the Yamanaka clan came.

"Sir, I have what you asked for. Based on your specifications, I believe this should do."

The Yamanaka then handed a scroll which the Hokage took.

"Thank you Inoichi. And keep this to yourself."

"Yes sir." The clan head left the office leaving Hiruzen alone with his thoughts.

'One part of the problem is solved. But there are still several other factors that need to be in play. The bodies of the criminals who die at Hōzuki Castle are burned in a chamber in the lower floors. Faking his death would be for nothing if he gets burned to ash. So I need another body. One with identical build to Isen. And I need the best medic nin to make the necessary changes so it's indistinguishable from Isen... Tsunade could do it... But she's roaming the country gambling and drinking. She won't set foot in this village. I don't think I can count on her... Even if she is the best damn medic alive.'

At that moment Hiruzen's eyes widened. 'Medic! She could be a perfect teacher for Daichi. With Daichi's learning curve he could learn most techniques from her within two or three years. And since she's not in the village Daichi will have to go along with her... And out of Danzo's sight. And with the protection of a Sanin, Kensei will be more assured of Daichi's safety. Daichi is in his 4th year. There are three more years before his class graduates...'

Gears turned in Hiruzen's mind and he formed a plan. But he needed help convincing Tsunade to take on a student. 'If I hadn't known of Daichi's talents I wouldn't have even considered this. I have no doubt Daichi will reach Tsunade's level before long. Having someone like that in the village is a boon to us.'

Hiruzen bit his thumb and went through several hand seals and slammed his palm on the table.

"Summoning Jutsu."

A seal spread across the table and then a small monkey around 60 centimeters tall appeared.

Its chest and torso had black fur but the rest of his body had silver fur. It was wearing a small coat with beautiful patterns that would attract most people.

"Hiruzen. You haven't called me in such a long time." The small monkey spoke. It had a deep voice that made it seem a lot older.

"Goji! Forgive me. It's just that I've had a lot on my plate."

"Yes. I understand. You have a village to run. It's good to see you."

"You too."

"What's this about Hiruzen? I know you wouldn't call me without a reason? Go on. What is it?"