Chapter 180 - Treasure - Part 04 (Final)

Kakashi and Daichi quickly moved through the trees and made their way back to the village.

"Do you think he was suspicious?" Kakashi asked his student.

Daichi shook his head. "No. He believed us when we said the robbery was done by a random thief. I'm certain."

"I think the same. Now we know for sure. He has absolutely no idea that it was the Phantom who stole the item. And that's the key."

Daichi agreed with his sensei. Due to their speed both of them reach the village in just a few hours.

"Since he was gracious enough to give us two coupons we should use it." The Jonin said and both of them soon reached Kenichi's tea house. They showed the coupon to the staff and were escorted to a private room and served their best products.

"Oh wow. This really is delicious. I can see why this guy has shops all over the country." Daichi commented as he emptied his cup.

"The flavors are truly exquisite. I'm glad I got to enjoy this." Kakashi also chimed in.

They spent some time relaxing at the Teashop and soon left the place. The duo walked through the village streets and slowly made their way to Training ground 3.

"I think that should be enough, don't you agree Daichi."

The boy nodded and both Kakashi and Daichi made a hand seal.

"Release."

The next second both ninjas vanished in a puff of smoke.

Fire Capital.

Daichi and Kakashi were sitting in a room in a different Inn. They stood as they felt the chakra of the shadow clones coming back to them.

"Looks like our clones did a good job fooling everyone into thinking we reached the village." Daichi said as he stretched himself.

"I wonder... Did Kenichi give us those coupons because he truly was grateful or is there something more?"

"I guess we'll find out soon won't we sensei."

Kakashi nodded. "Now that our roles are done for the moment, it's Akai's turn. He'll be able to observe Kenichi's movements much easier without getting noticed."

"Yeah but we're stuck here for who knows how long." Daichi had no problems with staying inside but he was miffed since he didn't know how long it was going to last.

Daichi and Kakashi found out Kenichi's schedule for the next several days before they handed the heirloom to the man. The plan was to see if Kenichi would act any differently once he thought the team he hired had left. And so they waited to see the outcome of their gambit.

—-

In the Leaf village a few minutes after Kakashi and Daichi left the Kenichi's Teashop a staff member sent a scroll out for delivery. 'Just as Lord Garoya instructed.'

The staff member remembered what the man had said. 'Remember, send this only after the ninjas have returned.'

Once he made sure the scroll would be delivered to the capital soon, he went back to work. 'I wonder what that was all about?'

—-

Akai was watching every move his target made from a safe distance. He made notes of the people the man met and where he went. The shadow clones of Kakashi and Daichi left that morning and it was already late evening.

'He hasn't done anything suspicious yet. Well, only a day has gone by after all. Does he really not know what that Teapot contains?' Akai Hyuga frowned as he paid close attention to the man.