Chapter 92 - Meeting Rock Lee & 3rd Year End

About an hour went by as Daichi peacefully meditated under the cool shade of the tree. His mind was on the second step of the fire chakra control technique.

'It will take me a lot longer to master the second step. I only have 4 months before this year ends. I'm not sure I'll be able to complete it by then. Looks like I slightly overestimated myself. It seems mastery of Rasengan and the earth element at such a quick pace has gotten to my head...'

Daichi let out a sigh. He sat there and composed himself. At that moment he started hearing the sounds of footsteps. It was faint but as the seconds went by it got louder and louder. Daichi focused on his senses and he realized that the person was a child and was headed to the clearing. He used 'chakra sense' and after a few seconds came to the conclusion that it was just a civilian child.

Daichi believed it was just some random child and decided to keep meditating and not interact with the person. His mind was focused on how to improve his training efficiency.

Several seconds later a small figure reached the clearing. The child looked at the giant training stump and was about to walk over when he noticed a boy his age sitting under a tree and meditating. The child, not having seen this person here before decided to introduce himself. He walked up to Daichi and after a couple seconds of silence spoke.

"Umm... Hi!"

Daichi felt the child approach him. He didn't want to interact with the kid but hearing his voice Daichi immediately opened his eyes. When Daichi took in the image of the boy in front of him he was astonished.

'No way. It's him!'

The boy had long hair fastened in a braid. He wore a white kimono sleeved shirt with dark pants and a martial arts belt. The most prominent features about him were his round eyes and thick eyebrows.

Daichi stared at the kid and didn't speak for several seconds. The child shifted on his feet and looked at Daichi with uncertainty.

"H-hi. I've never seen you here before. My name is Rock Lee."

Daichi snapped out of his stupor and introduced himself with a small smile. "Hi. I'm Daichi. Daichi Hekima."

The moment Lee heard the name his face got slightly serious. 'Daichi Hekima? So this is the underclassmen the teachers call a prodigy. He's probably like the rest. He'll just make fun of me when he finds out who I am.'

"Excuse me. But I'm going to train here." Lee gave a short quick bow and walked to the stump before Daichi could say another word.

Daichi was observing every emotion on Lee's face. Daichi saw recognition in Lee's eyes the moment he mentioned his name. 'Seems this kid has heard of me. And his attitude... He's shy but he's also unusually serious... Makes sense. All those insults and mockery at the academy didn't do him any good. He needs that Might Guy motivation and training to have that unbreakable will and bursting confidence and smile.'

Daichi watched as Lee got into a basic punching stance. He began punching the stump and Daichi heard Lee counting the strikes. Daichi, not wanting to intrude on the training, decided to leave.

"It was nice meeting you Lee. Good luck with your training."

With those parting words Daichi left the clearing. Daichi had a smile as he heard the sounds of fists hitting the wooden stump.

'Lee is one of my favorite characters. His will and determination is far above that of normal people. With sheer brute training he was able to stand toe to toe with people who had powerful bloodlines and inborn talents... Train hard Lee. I'm sure you can reach those heights once more.'