Chapter 19 - Finding My First Dungeon

Start from the beginning

He thought about what Kensei said. 'I already have a garden but that's mostly because of the quest. What else do I really want to do? Something I could enjoy and not stress over...Hmm. I've always enjoyed cooking...Trying out new recipes and tasting exotic dishes. It seems my love for that carried over to this life.'

'What else? I've always wanted to paint. The vibrant colors of all the comics I've read in my past life enthralled me. I've always wanted to draw like that. But I couldn't do it. Or to be more precise I never gave it a shot after I failed a couple times. Now that I have the gamer ability I could definitely use it for that as well. Alright. Guess that's decided.'

Putting the chopsticks down and swallowing the last bite of food, Daichi said. "I've decided to make cooking and painting as my hobby. I want to try out dishes I've never tasted and in time maybe create some great art work."

Kensei nodded. "Those are excellent choices. You already have a cookbook don't you. Then why don't we get some painting equipment tomorrow." He said smiling.

"Where are we going?" Daichi was curious about the little outing.

"Wherever the road takes us. You've been cooped up here for a month, rarely leaving for anything else than to buy groceries, it's about time you got some fresh air." The old man said.

"Yeah. Guess you're right." After they finished the food Daichi did the dishes and returned.

"We leave at 8am. So get ready before then. Go get some sleep, kid."

"Goodnight Gramps."

"G'Night Kid."

Both of them retired to their rooms and fell asleep soon after.

The next morning Daichi woke up at 6 am sharp. Nowadays he doesn't even need an alarm clock. He stretched his muscles and meditated for sometime and then got ready. He went downstairs and saw his grandfather was dressed for the trip as well.

Both of them walked outside. Their first destination was Shi Fang's restaurant. They walked a bit slow, comfortably enjoying the morning air and the warmth of the sun. They reached the restaurant and sat down. Kensei ordered the typical breakfast dishes. Some time later Shi Fang arrived with their food. On a large tray there were several small dishes.

'Observe'.

[Asa Gohan]

A traditional breakfast centered around a bowl of rice and accompanied by several small dishes. The rice used in this dish is white rice, steamed and served in a decorative bowl. Surrounded by Miso soup, grilled fish, pickled vegetable salads, natto. It acts as a starchy, nutritious, counterbalance for the tang, richness, and complexity of the accompanying dishes. Although there are several dishes, they are light, comfortable for the palate and easy to digest. A delicious morning breakfast created by Shi Fang. Eating the entire food restores 53 HP and 36 CP.

'Wow. This is impressive. The hp and cp restoration are over 3 times that of the rainbow dumplings. They look and smell so delicious... Time to dig in.'

"Thank you for the meal."

Daichi and Kensei took the chopsticks and ate slowly, enjoying each dish and savoring their taste. After about 20 minutes they were done. They chatted for a while with owner Shi and then left the restaurant.

"So where are we going next Gramps?"

"Have you seen Kikyō castle?" Kensei asked.

"No."

"Then that will be our next stop."

Both of them walked through the increasingly crowded streets. They reached Kikyō castle shortly. Kensei explained the history of the castle during their walk. A castle built during the first Hokage's period.