"So, are you coming to check out the baby as well," Lewis said when Charles stood still with the two items in his hands. He threw a knowing glance towards Charles, who froze, looking up in surprise to the older man.

"You know?" Charles asked, licking his lip, "about the little,"

"Yeah, I know that Max is one," Lewis said, "so, want to check if he's all okay?"

"Yeah, of course," Charles said flabbergasted, still surprised that Lewis knew about Max. That meant that the man must have known even knew before Charles did, and he and Max weren't even age mates, like Charles was. A part of him felt slight betrayal, but he put it aside. The more overprotective nature of his caregiver instincts was getting bigger and he didn't want to risk it growing out of control, so he just took out the keycard he had taken the day before.

"Just in case he's still asleep," Charles said, opening the door and ignoring the raised eyebrow of Lewis.

He opened the door to the small apartment, and noticed that the main room was still deserted, the lights still off, but a bit of sun escaping through the slits of the curtains. Charles turned the light on completely, bathing the room in light.

"Maybe he's still asleep," Lewis whispers, going straight to the bedroom without hesitation, passing Charles, who quickly followed behind, not wanting to let the other caregiver be with Max alone. He felt that even though Lewis was all okay, he didn't know how the other man would be with a vulnerable Max.

Lewis opened the door gently, seeing the dark room. The light from the main room fell through the door, revealing Max, asleep in the crib, a paci in his mouth and his stuffy closeby. Lewis smiled, happy that Christian had arranged the crib for Max, who seemed to be sleeping comfortable pressed with his back to one side.

Charles entered just behind Lewis, and looked at Max, who made small noise when the light fell on his face, and moved a little. A frown came to his brow, and he hugged his bunny a bit tighter, pressing his face in it's fur.

"Are we waking up?" Lewis asked, going closer, and leaning over the edge of the crib, looking down at Maxie with a warm smile. It made Charles feel weird to see it on the face, especially aimed at Max, a far cry from last year.

"Wha?" Max asked, looking up confused at Lewis, and then when Charles moved to stand closer by he aimed his sleepy gaze at the other man, giving a suck on his paci.

Max had been asleep very well, and warmly snuggled in his crib, he had felt the bars against his back when he felt something pull him from his sleep. He didn't know if he actually wanted to wake up, his head still feeling fuzzy with all the signals he was receiving, the safety of the crib, the snuggles of his bunny and the paci in his mouth, even though that one's tear had gotten bigger over the night, making it less fun then before but still better than nothing.

But sleep was leaving him, even though his head was still stuck in his headspace, too comfy to be let out already. Normally he always slipped out in the morning when he woke up, but not today.

He opened his eyes and was surprised that he wasn't alone. Even weirder than Lewis being there was the presence of Charles, and for a moment Maxie was thinking it was still yesterday and that Charles just hadn't left.

But when he turned, he felt the thick wet and messy diaper pressing against his bum and pushing his tights apart. He wanted to say something, but he couldn't help the yawn that came to him when he opened his mouth, making a small whining noise when his paci fell out.

"Here it is," Lewis said, leaning over a bit further and picking it up, "oh, there's a hole in it,"

"Is Maxie's," Maxie said, sitting up and grabbing it from Lewis his hands with wide eyes. He quickly put it in in his mouth, hiding the hole from sight, and blinked up at the two caregivers, still a bit confused what they were doing there.