14: Fresh Meat

Khleo Thomas asCameron Lewisaka

Khleo Thomas as
Cameron Lewis
aka. Turbo

------------------------------

10th July, 2003

2:36 am...

There was a cold, spine chilling breeze creeping through the bedroom of Cameron Lewis. The moonlight went through the cracks in his curtains and lit up a corner of his room.

Cameron couldn't get to sleep. He was too excited. It was his 13th birthday after all. His first teenage year had begun. His parents had set up a huge party for him and all of his friends were invited.

Cam loved baseball so his party was at a batting cage. He played on his school team and he was undoubtably the best on the pitch every time. His coach said he had the potential to make it pro if he put in the effort. This made the boy incredibly happy when he heard it.

Even his mum had come down from her job in LA to be there. Sarah Lewis. She was in the room right next door.

Cameron didn't exactly know what his mums job was. She always told him that she did some very important government work but that was the extent of his knowledge. He didn't even know if his dad knew.

His dad was the best. Micheal Lewis. He used to play basketball back in his day so was a little disappointed when his son took more of a liking to baseball. He was supportive nonetheless. Always took him to his games. Never failed to cheer the loudest. He loved his dad. It was always just the two of them. And their dog Mac. His mum only came down to see them on important holidays and birthdays.

------------------------------

All of a sudden, Mac jumped off of Cameron's bed and ran downstairs, barking like a mad man. This woke his parents and they came bounding into their sons room to check if he was ok.

He told them he heard someone walking in the pebbles surrounding the house after Mac started jumping about the place, but he wasn't sure where they got to.

His dad walked off down the same way Mac went to try and figure out the situation. They lived in quite an isolated area so things like this was very uncommon. The nights were always peaceful.

Mac was still barking at the door when Micheal got to him and no matter how hard he tugged at his collar, the dog wouldn't budge.

It was then that Micheal noticed what Mac was barking at.

At the window next to the door was a figure. He was tall, muscular and had long hair. The man was stood rigid with a steady hand slowly reaching down towards his hip.

Click,

BANG!

Blood was pooling from the head of the man laying motionless in the floor.

The figure smashed the remainder of the window with his now clear to see, heavy combat boot. He stepped right on the broken glass as he made his way into the massive house.

The dog had scarpered off the second the bullet was fired.

The intruder made his way to where he could hear the muffled noises of crying upstairs.

"Shh it's okay Cam. Dads okay. Don't worry."

These words where repeated over and over again. The continued to gain volume the closer the man got to the door.

"Dads okay Cam. Please don't cry." Was heard from behind the door.

"Cameron, I love you s-"

The woman was cut of by the man bursting into the room and spotting his target, huddled in the corner of the room, holding a child in her arms.

"What do you want from me? From my family?" the woman whisper-shouted.

"You are my mission," he simply replied.

Click,

BANG!

Mission accomplished.

Now for the boy. He could be useful.

Cameron huddled further away from the murderer in his room. Further away from his mother laying dead at his feet. Her blood was all over him. He was coated head to toe with splatters of his mothers blood.

Step by step the man that just shot his mum and probably his dad, inched his way closer to the terrified boy on the floor.

As the man raised his foot, Cameron closed his eyes waiting for the final blow.

And it came.

On his head.

Rendering him unconscious.

-----------------------------

Groggily, Cameron awoke on a cold hard floor.

He heard distant voices in many different languages before hearing some English a lot closer.

"Soldat. Fresh meat. Train him well."

"Yes sir."

And at that Cam slowly fell into another deep sleep. The pain in his head taking over quickly.

-----------------------------

A/N
Sorry it's short and poor quality. They will get better. I just didn't know what to write. Ive got so many ideas I just don't know how to put them down 😭

Also I love the character Zero in Holes - Louis Sachar so I had to involve Khleo Thomas in this book.
:)