Prologue

Brooklyn, 1929
"Tommo! Hurry up or else we are gonna be late! You know what Mr Stewarts did last time!" Bucky yelled from downstairs.

"Alright, alright. I'm coming." Tommo replied groggily as he marched down the stairs. The thing about George Tommo Barnes (or George Jr. as his mother liked to call him) is that he absolutely despises school. Always has. He never saw the need for it. He thought that whatever you needed to learn, you could learn out in the real world. With experiences. Not sat behind some desk with pencil to paper, coping down whatever he was told like someones lap dog. He was alot like his father in that way.

As Tommo got downstairs he saw his brother waiting for him at the door. "Rebecca already left. She wanted to get there early so she could go to the library to study before her classes."

"What a nerd," Tommo remarked as they walked out the door and onto the quiet street.

"She sure is," Bucky agreed. "But she really does care about her grades alot. You could learn a thing or two from her y'know."

Tommo raised an eyebrow. "I'm older than you by the way so i dont have to listen to you."
"Only by 5 minutes!"
"Still counts for something."
"Whatever, Tommo." Bucky said, rolling his eyes.

------------------------------

Just as they were nearing the school gates Bucky whipped his head around to look down an alleyway.

"What is it Buck?" Tommo questioned as he swiveled round to stare at his brother.

"Somethings going on down there. We should go check it out."
"Ugh, fine but its probably nothing"

They walked down the alleyway and saw a small, skinny boy huddled in the corner. He looked to be around 8 or 9.

There was an older boy who Bucky immediatly recognised to be Collin Locil, a boy in his English class.

"Thats for making me get a detention yesterday!" Collin yelled as he hit the small boy in his jaw causing him to wince.

"Oi, why dont you pick on someone your own size!" Bucky shouted. This caused Collin to stop hitting the boy and turn around. He swung for Bucky, but Bucky dodged the punch and kicked Collin in the shin. Tommo then leapt into help his brother and slammed Collin into the wall by his hair and punched him across his face. Bucky spat on him as he ran off.

Both boys turned to the smaller boy still huddled in the corner and Tommo helped him to his feet.

"Hey kid, whats your name?" Bucky asked in a gentle voice.

"S-Steve Rogers," the boy stuttered.

"Hiya Steve. I'm George Thomas Barnes and heres my brother James Buchanan Barnes but most people just call us Tommo and Bucky."

"How old are ya Steve?"

"11" Steve replied.

"You're 11!" Tommo yelled in suprise. Bucky shot him a glare to tell him to shut up. He reluctantly did so.

"We are both 12." Bucky said "Best get to class then Steve or else we'll all get the cane, c'mon."

"T-Thank you for what you guys did back there."

"No problem kiddo," Tommo said cheerfully. They walked into the front gate just on time and went thier seperate ways but before they did Bucky suggested that him and Tommo walked Steve to and from school. Steve happliy agreed and that was how thier days went for years. It was also the start of a new friendship between the 3 boys that would last a lifetime.

Or would it?

------------------------------
A/N

Hope you enjoyed the prologue.

I will probably write one more part as thier childhoods and then to when they're adults.

Just a bit of backround infromation on Tommo, I've based his personality alot like mine. So he's quite snarky and he's sarcastic. He loves to drag things out and adds extra unnecessary bits and bobs here and there just to get on Bucky's nerves and as a joke. Like how he intoduced him and Bucky to Steve using thier full names.

Tommo and Bucky are gonna be very close in this book and it will show more as the story goes on.