Bruce shared a look with Alfred behind him. "Right, well, I'm off."

"Don't worry." Jason called out as Bruce made his leave. "I got this. It's what you trained me for."

The corner of his mouth lifted slightly before he disappeared. Jason knew he was going to worry the whole time, but it didn't matter.

School seemed to drag on forever.

He desperately wanted to get back and get a jump on things. Plan tonight's route, make sure there weren't any open cases he needed to worry about.

Normally he'd pay more attention but there were just more pressing matters for him to focus on.

He nearly leapt out of the car when it pulled in.

"I'm gonna do my homework downstairs Alfred." He called out before he could be stopped.

Alfred called out for him but Jason was already gone. He opened the grandfather clock and stepped through the secret entrance.

Jason took a deep breath as stepped out of the elevator into the Batcave.

Homework first. He thought to himself. Then everything else.

Jason went over to a workbench to pull out his school work when he realized someone was at the computer.

He hadn't gotten a good look before he stepped out of view, he could see their shoulder as well as what they were looking at on the screen. A mob case from a few weeks ago. Something he remembers Bruce commenting that they would need to keep an eye on.

Jason grabbed the first weapon in reach, a batarang, and slipped into position.

No one can just get into the Batcave, and no way was he gonna let this be his first screw up on his own.

"Hey!" Jason called out to him. "Step away from the computer."

They turned their head towards Jason slightly. He then lifted his hands from the keyboards and turned the chair to face Jason.

Jason fell out of the stance. "What are you doing here?"

Jason had seen his picture enough to know who Dick Grayson was. From what he'd gathered Dick had left the position rather suddenly a few months ago. During that time he'd been with the Titans trying to figure himself out and avoiding Batman if at all possible.

This was the first time they'd ever been in the same room. Jason wasn't sure what he'd been expecting. Dick may be seated but he was taller than Jason thought. He couldn't help but feel a little intimidated at the very sight of his predecessor.

Dick regarded him for a moment. "What do you mean what am I doing here? He didn't tell you?"

Jason didn't answer.

"He asked me to fill in while he was gone."

"He asked you to what?" Jason couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"To fill in. Based on his notes here, I think there should be focus with that mob case you guys wrapped up recently. It looks like it might be bigger than originally thought."

Jason felt his brain stall.

Bruce didn't trust him. He didn't think Jason could do this alone after all. Well he could. Grayson hadn't been to Gotham in months. No way was Jason going to let him waltz in and act like he was in charge.

"Well thanks for coming all this way, and for the heads up about the mob, but I can take it from here and you can go back to wherever you've been this whole time." Jason told him.