2. Baby, it's cold outside

"Mark?"

The young man flashed her a devilish smile. "Hey Jade."

"Um... what are you doing here?"she asked suspiciously looking around.

"I came to see you, and Bella of course."

"Um, you know I think you shouldn't be here"she said quickly trying to close the door but he blocked it and smiled again.

"Come on, Jade, you and I have history, why are you treating me like a creepy stranger?"

"Because you ARE a creepy stranger to me."she fired back.

Hurt flashed in his eyes and he looked down with a sigh.

"Look I know I messed up big time. And I'm sorry. But can I just come in and we can talk this through?"

"There's nothing to talk about, Mark."she said coldly. "You made your choice four years ago."

"What if I changed my mind-"

"Don't give me that bullshit again, please!"she shook her head with a glare. "We were done way before any of it began. This is the fifth time you come here, pleading for a second chance and every time I turn you down. Why can't you get the message through your thick head?!"

"Look, all I'm asking is to spend time with the kid. I'm her father after all."

"That matter was taken care of some time ago as well and you know it."

"Please?"

"No!"

"At least let me see her."

"I said no!"

Rolling his eyes Mark sighed and the smile disappeared from his face as quick as it came. He suddenly pushed open the door and forced his way in.

"Mark what the hell-"

"She's my kid too okay?!"

"Not anymore!"Jade replied standing in front of him.

"Where is she?"he asked, ignoring her.

"If you so much as lay eyes on her I'm calling the police."Jade warned fiercely.

Massaging his temples, the young man sighed and shook his head.

"I just want a minute with the kid. She ought to know who I am."

"She already does, and that's already unfortunate enough."

"You haven't changed."he said with a trying smile but she saw right through it and pointed a finger at him.

"Don't. I'm not in the mood and I would really like you to piss off!"

"Jade-"

"Get. Out."

"What if I want to start again? I've changed, I can be a better person."

"Maybe. But that doesn't change the fact that you ran away the moment I got a positive pregnancy test. It also doesn't change the fact that you abandoned us at the hospital and you never even once visited you never once tried to make contact with your own kid. You ABANDONED us completely."

"And I want to fix that "

"How?! Oh how you already 'tried' once by leaving me full custody on Bella in court? How you agreed to cut ties with us? You WANTED this and now you come crawling back to ask for forgiveness- how dare you?!"

His features tensed and he breathed out quietly, trying to stay composed and not let his anger issues get the best of him.

"Listen to me, Jade, just let me see her and give her this Christmas present then I'll leave."