Epilogue

Ambrosia

I can't sleep or cry anymore. I think i finally ran out of tears after all the crying I've done. I could have never imagined to be a pawn in Sal's and my love story. I thought what we had was genuine.

It wasn't.

And i was a fool to believe all those sweet words he said to me. A fool to think he actually loved me.

After i left my dad and Sal yesterday, my dad stopped by my room so he could talk to me. I didn't let him in though so he settled with apologising outside my door.

What he did hurt me. I could have never imagined in a thousand years that my own father would be the one to serve my head on a silver platter. But he did. I Dont know if I'll ever look at him the same after this.

He left yesterday after he apologised to me. Not before i heard grandma Gen yell at him though. I wonder what mum will say to him when they finally get to talk. I hope she delivers a slap for me.

Sal also came around banging on my door demanding i let him in before grandma Gen threatened to call the police on him. He finally left me alone but he kept calling my phone till i couldn't take it anymore i just switched my phone off.

Ive been lying in bed in the same position since looking at the window. No more tears come out at this point but that doesn't mean the pain is any lesser. Its worse even.

Its double the heartbreak and its something i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I hear a knock on my door but i don't shift in bed. I hear the lock turn and the door opens. Soft footsteps make it round the bed to my side and my eyes lift to see my mum smiling softly at me. The tears flow this time and she engulfs me in a hug sitting on the bed with me.

It gives me a huge sense of dejá vu. My first morning here and mum had to come and console me in the same way she's doing right now.

If someone had told me that day that three months from then id have fallen in love, gotten tats, lost my virginity, been betrayed and heart broken, i wouldn't have believed them. I would have thought them crazy.

But here i am...

                          ♡´・ᴗ・'♡

I drag the final suitcase down the porch and mum takes it from me and carries it to her trunk. She finally closes the trunk and gives me a small smile. I turn to grandma Gen's house.

I'm going to miss this house. I have beautiful memories in it. Memories with grandpa Joe, grandma Gen, mum, dad and Sal. I also have bad memories i never want to relive. So even though i love and cherish this house for all the good its given me, i hope i never see it again.

I'm dressed in dark blue jeans with faded thighs, Nike high tops and a pink sweet shirt. My hair has been pulled into a pony tail and mum made me apply some make up so i actually look alive and not like the walking dead.

My eyes fall on grandma Gen standing on her porch. I slowly walk to her and she pulls me into a teary hug.

"I'll miss you," she says

"I'll miss you too grandma," and this is true.

I'll miss her but i just wont be coming back to this place. After a long bone crushing hug, she lets go of me and with one final kiss to my forehead, i turn around.

I wasn't expecting to find the Rodriguez's standing there waiting for me though.

I purse my lips as i slowly walk to them. Ingrid's the first to run up to me and i crouch down to hug her.