Four

Sal

I kicked my door shut and settled down on my bed. Been a long day. A part of me still cant believe Joe is gone. He was a good man but the cancer won.

I'm just happy to get today over with and done. I really didn't want to give a eulogy but Genevieve asked so nicely and how could i say no to a woman who was mourning the death of her husband?

Although she didn't seem like she was grieving when she was with her grand daughter. What was her name again? Something something B or whatever. The little girl is stuck up. A person cam see it from a mile away.

The way we all had to put the burial ceremony on hold just so they could convince her to get out of bed...how annoying. How does one not care about others that way? We get you're grieving and what not but do you think we have nothing better to do than sit around and wait for you to get out of bed?

And then she tuned out the whole ceremony. I thought i was hearing things when the preacher called her name three times just to get her attention. And she still didn't wake up from her day dream. And then she was rude to her father. Only children. So stuck up thinking the world is at their fingertips thinking everyone is beneath them.

I unfastened the final button of my button up and removed it discarding it somewhere in my room before pulling a white T shirt from my closet and pulling it on.

I wonder why Joe never told me he had a grand daughter to begin with. We were fairly close. Maybe he was ashamed of her. I would be too if i had such a mannerless girl for a grand daughter.

I unfastened my belt pulled it out of the holes and unzipped and unbuttoned my dress pants before pushing them down. I got it! Rose! Her name is Rose.

I pulled down my boxer briefs and the door opened. I quickly grabbed my dress shirt from the floor and hid my front.

"Santi what the hell!?" I hollered at the little dweeb that is my brother.

"Dont mind me I'm just here to borrow some cologne," he said walking into the room leaving the door agape and walking to my dresser.

"Buy your own. Where does all your allowance money go to?" I said

"Whats the point of having an older brother if i cant use his stuff?"

"Well close the door will you dweeb? And knock i was in the middle of dressing!"

"Its nothing i dont have myself. Carry on."

I narrowed my eyes at him as he nonchalantly sprayed my cologne onto every spot on his body and then sprayed some in the air and twirled around under the fume.

"That's enough you little shit! You Dont have to smell like the factory itself," i said pulling up new boxer briefs

"Well the ladies love them some good Santiago scent," he said brushing his hair back with his hand and winking at his reflection

"Santiago scent with my cologne? Shouldn't it be your cologne the ladies should be loving?" I said putting my foot into the leg hole of my black sweats.

"Doesn't matter. Its on Santi, it is Santi. Damn I'm on a roll, i should really be a model what do you think Sal?" He said posing in front of my mirror.

I was in the middle of putting my other leg in the other leg hole when another black head entered my room and went straight for the socket. I rolled my eyes and pulled up my sweats quickly standing in the way before the destination was reached.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked folding my arms looking down at the other dweeb.

"Dont mind me I'll be out in no time," Maria says