Chapter 70- The Planning For The War.

Start from the beginning

Kotori: Do what you want.

Darren: So what's the plan right now?

Kotori: We don't have one, so if you want to contribute. Bug off.

Darren: How upsetting, I thought we could contribute. But if that's the case, then we will bug off.

Lucas: Darren, stop playing with them.

Darren: Fine.

MARIA: Muu, as they say, a women's mind will begin to wilt away without proper care, Kotori.

Kotori: What did you say?

The three of us just looked at this scene with Shoto and Ciel striking conversations with the three of us from time to time. Kotori struck the console with a "Bang!" noise while continuing to issue commands without any stagnation. Looking at this scene unfold on the bridge, Shido couldn't help but make a small wry smile.

Darren: (Ciel, where is Kurumi and Mukuro?)

Ciel: (Kurumi is currently out with Kocho. Mukuro right now, is staying in your room just muttering when would you come back?)

Darren: (Yikes, not good. Ciel, can you give her a call to warp over here so that I can give her a hug?)

Ciel: (Of course, master.)

Shortly after saying that, Kotori added a straw before chugging down the sports drink. Afterwards, she breathed out a sigh of relief. Although she didn't say it, it was clear from her appearance how exhausted she was. Looking at her usually energetic sister be reduced to such a weary state, Shido gently clenched his fist.

Shido: I'm sorry, if only there's something that I can help with...

Hearing what Shido had just said, Kotori narrowed her eyes in surprise before shrugging her shoulders.

Darren: Just shut up, you and my job is the hardest. Which is to survive on the battlefiel-

I was suddenly interrupted when Mukuro appeared out of a warp portal and hugged me.

Mukuro: MISTER!

Darren: Yo.

Kotori: The opponent is the largest Wizard organisation, DEM Industries. It's not clear what will happen at that time. You need to adjust your condition as much as possible. On that day, I don't want to hear you apologising from catching a cold, being nervous, or lacking sleep. Darren, Shido. I don't want to see the two of you die on the battlefield ok?

Darren: I won't die. If I died, Mukuro and Kurumi as well as the rest of my lovers would be so sad. Which is why, I won't die in my own war.

Lucas: Same here. Rose might not be able to help. But Yuko can definitely defeat some monarchs.

Yuko: Hey, i'm not just some battling machine.

Lucas: By the way. Darren, you best form right now is the Duos Angels right?

Darren: Yeah, but if I were to gain more angels. Then my forms would improve. Right now I only have Zaphkiel and Micheal to fuse with.

However, if one utilises the time of rest to make wasteful movements that squanders physical energy or raise mental exhaustion from unnecessary worrying, it would on the contrary only add to the burden of one's companions. Furthermore, the upcoming battle in two more days could be said to be a clash that would determine the fate of all of the Spirits. Since the key factor was Shido and Darren's life, he couldn't afford even the slightest moment's worth of negligence then.

Darren: I wonder who would be by my side when I die.

Yuko: Us, if you die in that war. We will die as well. Which means that you better survive.