282: Hey, Auntie (*)

Start from the beginning

Now though, only Arima Hyuga remained in the room, sitting on a couch and smiling at him. Neji cancelled his other spawns and only one of his remained in the room.

He walked over and sat down beside her with ease, "What's up aunty? Are you enjoying your time here?"

"It is a relaxing place, yes." Arima nodded as she shifted a bit to the side, creating distance between her and Neji. "Though, you aren't gonna ask me what I wanna do? Mhm, am I not allowed to demand such a thing?"

"Oh, no no, you are allowed. Of course, you are." Neji laughed, not minding her creating distance. "I just didn't think you'd want special, alone time with me. Is there any particular reason behind it though, or do you just miss your husband?"

At his quite perverse joke, Arima just gave a respectful laugh.

"I see what you are trying, but, no that's not it. Though yes, I do miss Hiashi, and I still love him as well." Arima said, suggesting that he should back off. "I just wanted to talk with you."

"Mmh... about what?"

"About Hinata and Hanabi's future."

When she said that, Neji looked at her with a tilt of his head before nodding slowly.

"Alright. Here, or somewhere private?"

— -

Taking a vigorous young man– notorious for his debauched activities– to one's bedroom may not be the smartest thing to do, but Arima did so anyway.

It surely wasn't out of trust that he won't go after his aunt– after all, he was sleeping with one of his cousins already. She just had this feeling that nothing bad would happen tonight.

Though it did feel somewhat awkward when he sat beside her in the bed, casually as if this was so very normal. It was fine in the living room, but in the bedroom, sitting so close to one another... it felt weird.

Arima supposed she at least deserved this much for making this decision.

"About Hinata and Hanabi, huh?"

"...Yes."

"Alright. What did you have to say?" Neji asked, his demeanour entirely casual. "Frankly, I am a bit confused."

"Why so?"

Rather than speaking her mind out right, Arima decided she should first listen to what he was trying to say.

"As I have said before about Hanabi, she is fine with me. She will live like a queen, maybe even a real one when I take over this world. I am sure even you can tell I am somewhat favoured towards her, right? I adore her quite a lot."

He was right, Arima had noticed that. Temari and Tsunade may be the only other ones whom he adored as much as Hanabi. Arima was happy about that, happy that her daughter was held so high by Neji... But-

"Yes. I did notice. Thank you for confirming your claims from back then." Arima bowed softly. "I am happy for the treatment Hanabi is getting from you. It warms my heart. However, seeing her so happy simply makes me worry for my eldest daughter more."

"Is that so...?"

She nodded. "Yes."

"Hinata is like a lost child. At first, she was obsessed with a man who didn't do her feelings any justice. That foolish choice has made her lose all her purpose in life. I... As her mother, I want the best for her. What best man is there other than you? So I have a request..."

Arima clasped his hands between her own trembling hands and looked at his eyes pleadingly.

"..."

"Please make her forget about Naruto. Make her fall in love with you. When she does, please take care of her in the same way you are taking care of Hanabi. Please."