Grand Padawan Hunt

Start from the beginning

"Where is she?" Obi-Wan growled out.

Hondo whistled and chuckled, shifting to rest his chin in his fist. "Getting feisty, 'eh Kenobi? And I thought Skywalker was the one to lose his temper."

"Where's Ahsoka Tano?" Obi-Wan said.

"She is no longer here," Hondo sighed, finally accepting that he couldn't worm his way out of the situation. "I sold her."

"To whom?"

"A businessman with a particular interest in a female Jedi."

Obi-Wan's heart dropped. "Where is he going, Hondo?"

The pirate said nothing.

"Where?!"

"It's not my business to know!" Hondo snapped. "Somewhere in the outer rim territories, I can only guess."

"And this... businessman," Obi-Wan spat the word as if it was venom. "Did he have any plans for her?"

"It's not my business to know that, either." Hondo sighed heavily. "I could assume, though, that he is a scientist and wants to get all sciency. I mean, really, he was just like a scientist, all talking in smarty-pants tongue and yadah yadah–"

If Obi-Wan wasn't a Jedi, he would've lopped Hondo's head off right then and there. But instead, he just sighed.

"Thank you," Obi-Wan clipped his lightsaber to his belt, "for your cooperation."

Then he turned sharply and exited the base to collect his men. They had a "businessman" to track down.

🪐🪐🪐

It took three days.

Three kriffing days.

It happened to be enough time for Anakin to find out about the whole ordeal, and of course, Obi-Wan could feel his panic and desperation from across the galaxy.

"Anakin, calm down. Cody and I have it under control," Obi-Wan told him through the comms. They really had nothing under control, but Obi-Wan would do anything to settle his former apprentice. "We're about to pick her up and then everything will be just fine."

"Yeah, just fine," Anakin scoffed from the other end. "You better have her back by the time Rex and I make it home."

"Focus on your battle," Obi-Wan ordered. "I don't want to hear of any casualties caused by your reckless, irrational emotions and attachment to Ahsoka."

It might've been a bigger matter if Obi-Wan himself wasn't so obviously attached.

Obi-Wan cut off their communication line, gargling whatever protest Anakin had in store. He joined Cody at the console to watch the quickly approaching planet.

Hondo had been right: the businessman happened to be a scientist in the outer rim territory. Obi-Wan was both eternally grateful and extremely annoyed about that. He assumed that pirates were just like that.

The ship touched down on the planet's surface outside of the sensor range of the scientist's laboratory and most of the clones hopped off. A few stayed behind, ready for a swift pickup if they should need one. Given their luck lately, they probably would.

It (surprisingly) didn't take much for Obi-Wan and his men to break into the boundary of the laboratory without being caught, which put Obi-Wan on edge. The Force behaved eerily around them as if something horrible was about to happen.

Sure enough, as the troops rounded a corner, a whole squadron of droids rushed forward to meet them. Blaster shots flew in every direction, Obi-Wan deflecting them back as they cut through the air and the clones countering each shot.