He lowered his gaze, letting out a soft shaky sigh before completely turning his chair towards her.
With one hand gently holding her hand on her lap while with the other he held her chair as he leaned a little towards her.

He pulled her chair towards himself so that now they were facing each other, pulling her chair closer to him as it screeched making noise with the cold marble floor.

Her light brown khussa clad feet touched his black shoes at this point.

Waris Shah, ever so gently grabbed her other hand too. Her both quivering hands were held in his warm gentle grip.
He rubbed his thumbs softly on the back of her palms, as he lowered his face to her eye level,
"Imsaal, I'm here for you".

Imsaal's teary gray orbs rose and met his warm brown ones. They looked at her with worry and warmth as if trying to assure her everything would be fine.

He gave her a soft comforting smile,
"You have me. You'll always have me by your side. You aren't alone".

Imsaal whimpered as few more tears slipped down her eyes panging his heart,
"We'll make it through together. We'll be each other's strength Imsaal".

A soft sob left her lips and he tried hard to suppress the pain arising in his chest burning his insides,
"I would never leave you alone. I'll never let you be on your own Imsaal. Don't cry".
His words weren't louder than a whisper.

For the first time Imsaal opened her mouth and let out the words,
"I can't s-seem to p-process what's h-happening . It couldn't h-happen . How could it? It's n-not true. Tell me Waris Shah it's n-not true".
Her pleading eyes looked at him as if begging him to say what she wanted, to ease her burning heart, to ease the pain in her chest.

Waris's eyes turned red brimmed at corners at her devastated state. He let out a shaky sigh not daring to waver his gaze from her teary orbs that were panging his heart so brutally, so painfully, he couldn't even describe in words.

"Imsaal, shhh! It's alright. It had to happen. We all have to return to our Lord one day. It's not something in our control. He is resting in a better place where Allah wants him to be, don't cry".
He tried to comfort gently rubbing the back of her hands.

"But what should I do? Wh-what am I supposed to do Waris? I f-feel like I've lost everything today, the l-last ray of hope I ever had. Why? Why did it h-have to happen. Just why"?!
She broke into sobs, the last string of patience breaking as her form quivered more and tears effortlessly spilled out of her eyes.
Soft whimpers and sobs leaving her lips.

Waris Shah couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't bear the sight of her beautiful orbs in tears. He couldn't seem to behold the sight of his beloved in tears.

Softly he let her both hands go and pulled her into his chest.
His hand went to wrap on her shoulders as her head rested on his chest beneath his chin.
Waris sighed softly closing his eyes, resting his chin on her hijab clad head. His one arm wrapped around her shoulders, while other rubbed her back assuringly trying to ease the pain, trying to console her.
"Shhh Imsaal, it's fine. I'm here. Main apkay pass hn".
He whispered gently rubbing her back as she broke down in his arms.
She cried soundly like a little kid as sobs emerged from her lips shaking her whole frame making Waris Shah clench his jaw ever so slightly at her condition.
"Don't cry. Please don't cry Imsaal. Your tears are hurting my heart. Please have some mercy on my heart. Mujh say apki ye halat nahi dekhi jarahi. Mera dil dukh raha hai".

She just kept sobbing, kept crying, oblivious to his words. She wasn't in the state to process them. She wasn't in the state to process anything. The only thing circulating in her head were those bitter words. Was the bitter reality. The man was not there anymore. The man whom she called her superhero, her father wasn't there anymore. What a great loss! What a great loss!
What was she supposed to do now?