We go out and all sit down at the dinning room table to eat. As we eat Grandma starts practically grilling Lucas with questions. I warned him not to mention anything magical to her because my grandma doesn't know anything about my other life. No magic. No witches. And certainly no werewolves.

"Grandma!" I exclaim when she asks her umpteenth question. "He's not a drug dealer there's no need to ask quite so many questions."

"Its no big deal," Lucas says smiling at me. "I can't blame her for asking so many questions. I'd ask a million questions too if my gorgeous granddaughter was dating a sketchy guy like me."

We all laugh and I blush at his words but soon somber as I think about what it would have been like with them. Blinking back tears I stand, "Excuse me I need a moment." I rush the ye bathroom and shutting the door behind me collapse on the floor as tears roll down my cheeks.

The Big Bad Wolf

The moment Violet jumps up and leaves I stand to go after her but her grandmother puts a hand on my arm to stop me.

"Let her be for a minute," she says quietly. "She's a strong girl but being back here brings back too many memories for her. That's why I let her go live with that nice doctor and her wife. They said that being away from it all would help her heal, and it has. Occasionally though she just needs a moment to compose herself. So we sit here and talk and pretend she got up to use the restroom and that's it. When she returns we smile and keep talking because that's what she wants. That what will make her feel comfortable."

I want to argue with her and run to my mates side and wrap my arms around her. The urge is so strong I want to break something but I'm an alpha and I have enough control to smile and simply say, "So what are the plans for tomorrow?"

"Well I'll be going to church in the morning but I'm assuming Violet will be up early to spend all morning with them." She doesn't seem as though she's trying to be cryptic but I get the impression that my answer will tell her what I do and do not apparently know.

"Okay," I say trying to think of how I can pry information from this sweet little old lady. "What-"

A door clicks and Violet emerges from the back hall, her eyes slightly red but a small determined smile on her face. "You haven't been asking even more questions while I was gone were you?"

"Of course not doll-baby," replies her grandmother smiling serenely.

"Uh huh sure," she say narrowing her eyes. "Cause you're so truthful all the time."

Her grandmother chuckles at this, "Absolutely."

We stay up until almost midnight talking and laughing. By the time we go to bed Violet's dead on her feet. Her grandmother heads back first and after Violet drags herself to her feet she shuffles into the bedroom.

"I want the bathroom first," she mumbles. "We have to get up early tomorrow."

"Go ahead," I says trying to be a gentlemen and not leer as she pulls out various articles of clothing. Her underwear falls on the floor and she picks it up and glares at me as I try to suppress laughter.

"Where are we going tomorrow?" I ask cautiously. I have yet to figure out if where we're going is a touchy subject or not.

Violet'a face seems fall at my words and she looks at me sadly as she passes me on her way to the door. "Tomorrow I tell you the truth." My eyes widen and I watch as she shuts the door behind her as she goes.

Tomorrow we wake up at seven thirty, get ready, and eat breakfast with her grandmother before she leaves for church.

"Bye-bye," she says waving as she goes. "I bought flowers the other day and they're on the counter. Take them with you when you leave."

"Okay bye Grandma," calls Violet from the bathroom as she fixes her hair. I lean against the door watching as she piles on top of her head in a bun. She looks dressed nicely, she's wearing a pretty black sundress.

"Ready?" I ask arching an eyebrow at her.

"Yup," she says smiling. "Let's go," We walk into the kitchen and I pick up the flowers.

"They look like they're dying," I say sniffing them. "They still smell good but they look a little wilted."

"Here hand them over," Violet says holding out her hand. I give them to her and she hold them close and blows on them. I watch amazed as the life seeps back into the flowers which now look perfectly fresh.

"Wow," I say amazed. "I'm constantly forgetting you're a witch and then you do something like this." I wave my hand at the four tiny bouquets. "Why four?"

"One for everyone," she says primping them. "Come on let's go." She lets me take her hand and we link fingers as we walk to the car.

"Turn left and park here," she says nervously.

"Okay," I say pulling into the spot under a tree. We get out and she holds the flowers in one hand while taking mine in a death grip with the other.

"This way," she says leading me down the sidewalk and across the street to a park. It's a beautiful day and the sun is shining down on us creating a gorgeous atomsphere.

"We're meeting in the park?" I ask her as we take the path to the right and head up the hill. I've puzzled out that we must be meeting someone or someones but can't figure out why it's such a big secret.

"No," she says quietly. I'm about to ask where we are meeting them when we reach the top of the hill. Violet let's go of my hand and steps forward and opens a little wrought iron gate.

"Lucas," she says walking forward her face sad and hesitant as she turns to face me. "This is my family." I starein horror at the four graves that sit in the little fenced in area where Violet now stands.