Connect and Reconnect

The Big Bad Wolf

I sprint down the hallway faster than even most werewolves could manage and when I see the remaining pieces of the door hanging off its hinges I snap. Snarling and growling deep in my throat I rush into the room. I'm not sure if I plan on killing my mate or whoever else is in the room.

What I see shocks all thoughts from my head. Sitting on the floor is my little sister Jenny and my mate, the girl who spent the last several hours destroying her way through the west wing.

"Cinderella had a fairy godmother," says Jenny holding up her Cinderella Barbie doll. "Is a witch like a fairy godmother?"

"Kind of," replies my mate. "But we'll have to play later I have to go."

"Go?" I growl. Both of them turn startled at my presence.

"Lucas!" Jenny exclaims. "Have you met my new friend? She's a witch! She broke my door down and scared Arthur so bad he ran away but look how pretty she is she can't be evil! But look at my door! It went BOOM and then poof exploded! At first I screamed cause it scared me but she said she wouldn't hurt me!"

During Jenny's babble I take a moment to really look at my mate. She's beautiful with waist long jet black hair. She was sitting on the floor with Jenny but on my arrival she stands up glaring at me. She's tall not as tall as me but her head reaches at least my eye level. Her face is beautiful and delicate with cupid bow lips, high cheek bones, and her eyes are the most shocking purplish blue ever imagined. Everything about her makes me and my wolf want to garb her and never let go.

"Is that so?" I ask Jenny never taking my eyes of my mate. "Did you happen to ask your new friend her name?"

"Oh," Jenny exclaims. "I didn't think about that!"

"My name's Violet," my mate says quietly giving us a sardonic smile. "My parents decided to go literal with my name."

"Well then Violet," I say trying to relax and look nonthreatening. "Why don't you and I return to your room and talk."

"Talk?" she sneers at me. "Like hell I'm going anywhere with you. I don't like being kidnapped. I don't like waking up locked in strange rooms. And I REALLY don't like YOU!" I can practically see her control slipping as she backs away like a trapped animal. The air in the room starts to grow heavy with magic as she struggles to keep control.

"Just calm down," I say trying to approach her while holding out my hands in a surrender motion.

"Calm down!" she hisses at me her eyes practically shooting flames. Looking at her I'd swear there was nothing more beautiful then my pissed off my mate.

"Jenny," I say carefully. "Why don't you go find Arthur?"

"Okey dokey," she says popping up and skipping from the room. "Bye-bye Violet!" I watch Violet give her a small wave and I tight smile.

"Ivan?" I call out watching as my mate backs up towards the window even farther away from me.

"Yes Alpha?" I hear his quiet reply from behind me.

"There are more of you?" Violet spits glancing over my shoulder through the doorway to where Ivan must be standing. "Get away from me!" Her eyes are so wide that I can see the white all around them.

"Hey," I say taking another step toward her only causing to back up farther. "Why don't we just talk right here okay?"

"No," she says shaking her head. "Get away from me! I HATE you and your kind! Go to hell!" With those words she flicks her wrists at me sending me flying backwards. My eyes go wide as the window behind her shatters and she turns has flings herself out of it.