"I just want to know if everything is okay?" she asked, "How are they? Did anything suspicious happen?"

"Everything is fine, you don't have to worry about us, Rhy," He said, taking her hand and squeezing it gently. With his assuring smile, he calmed her down.

"I was just worried," She sighed.

"Why? What happened? Did he hurt you?" He asked, worried.

"No, No, he didn't hurt me, I... I just had a bad dream last night," she lied,

"Rhy, you can tell me, I will kill the bastard, if he hurts you," he said,

"Trust me, Osman, he didn't, Even if he does you know I can handle that," She smiled with a wink,

"Yeah, I know but you can stop me from worrying little sis," He chuckled.

Arriving at the perfect time, the server set down their vanilla shake and helped guide them back to shallower waters. They reminisced about past days at the diner and other fond memories from their childhood until she realized it was nearly eleven thirty at night.

"I better get going. Thanks for coming tonight." she slid from the booth and gave her brother a big hug.

"Anytime, little Rhy. You need a ride home?"

"No, Marcus is out to ride me back," she said.

Marcus drove her back to the mansion, she glanced at the parking lot and noticed Humza's car wasn't there. She let out a sigh of relief before going inside, Once inside, her veins filled with ice at the sight of Humza sitting in the living room waiting for her, a murderous glint in his eyes and blood splattered across his chest.

"Humza?"

"Where did you go?" He asked, without looking at her. Staring at the glass of whiskey in his hand.

Rhythm didn't reply as her eyes were fixed on the blood on his chest.

Something inside her twisted and she wanted to know if it was his blood.

"I told you to stay here. I told you not to leave without one of my men or me. You didn't call. You didn't text. You just ... disappeared." Humza downed the last of the golden liquid from the crystal glass in his hand.

Each softly spoken accusation both cut her to the quick and terrified her.

I was worried about my family and ended up getting ahold of him. He offered to meet up to talk, so I went. I should have texted."

She could have lied and said it was none of his business, but for some reason, she didn't and she didn't forget to message him. She just hadn't wanted to chance Humza refusing to let her leave. It was better to ask forgiveness than permission. And when she hadn't been certain he'd let her go, she didn't take that chance.

She set down her purse and crossed the room, sitting on the edge of the sofa across from him.

"What happened?" She asked. The blood. The menacing calm he exuded. All of it made the cold from her milkshake seep from her stomach throughout her body until she couldn't hold back a shiver.

"That's not your concern." His words were a door shut in her face.

She was about to argue with him when she noticed his eyes narrow at her and realized he was staring at her hands in her lap, more precisely, at the gold cuff bracelet still hiding the fingerprints of his harsh grip earlier. Her other hand reflexively closed over the offending jewellery as if hiding it now would make a difference.

"I didn't want Osman to see it and tell my dad," she hurried to explain.

"Why the fuck should it matter if he sees it?" The tenuous grip he held over his anger flexed and bowed with strain. His loss of control spurred her own, dialling up her frustration that she was being blamed for more than her crimes deserved.

She stood, hands on my hips. "That's not your concern," she shot back at him, feeding him his own line. Humza rose from his chair and, in one swift motion, threw his glass across the room.

The sound of shattering crystal pierced the air, heightening the tension between them.

"The fuck it's not. You went all alone and returned back this late your safety is always my fucking concern."

He dragged her arm and pulled her over to him, his eyes boring into her. The air around them thickened as his eyes flicked between her lips to her eyes. Something clicked in his mind, he understood Rhythm would never obey him even if he scared her to death.

It's not the way.

He had been using all wrong ways and now, he found other ways to make her submit.

"Remember... We have the matter of your punishment to discuss?"

Confusion furrowed her brows, "What?" 

Author's Note;- 

Hey guys, I need 200 votes and 100 comments, 10 followers for the next update. 

A new chapter will be updated as soon as you reach the target. 

I have started a new book called, "ROMULUS'S FILTHY OBSESSION," it's a dark romance with a lot of juicy stuff, go read it on the booknet app. 

IT'S A FREE BOOK.