"I'm the worst mother, I didn't know she was harming herself!" Maya cried out as she buried her head in her hands.

Carina gently rubbed her wife's back and tried her best to comfort her, "No, no, Maya don't say that! You didn't know, none of us knew--" her words were cut off by the apartment front door opening and Andy stumbling in, holding a bag of Chinese takeout.

"Hey, I'm back, and I brought Chinese takeout!" Andy exclaimed without realising that Maddie was asleep in the next room.

"Hey," Carina greeted the brunette.

"Hey, Andy," Maya wiped her tears as she glanced in her best friend's direction. "Maddie's asleep in bed," she added.

"Oh. Sorry," Andy was quick to apologise for her loudness. "Did... Did I, uh, walk-in at a bad time?" she questioned.

"No, we were just talking," Carina disagreed.

"Maddie's hurting herself," Maya admitted aloud as she sniffed, an attempt to stop any further tears from escaping.

Andy frowned as she placed the takeout on the counter and moved to sit down on the chair, "What do you mean?" she wondered.

"Maddie has been self-harming," Maya told her friend.

Andy let out a small gasp and her eyes widened, "What?" the brunette questioned shocked.

Carina nodded her head slightly, "I found her earlier before the funeral. It seems that she has been doing it for a while," she explained.

"Oh... Oh my God," Andy mumbled in shock still.

The following morning, the three adults were all standing around in the kitchen. Andy was gathering her stuff together before she headed to work while Carina made coffee for herself and her wife when the fourteen-year-old wondered still half asleep out of her bedroom with messy hair.

"Look who's up," Andy said as she smiled in encouragement at the younger girl.

"Hey, kiddo," Maya said as she kissed the top of her daughter's head.

"Good morning, Bambina," Carina said as she sent a smile her daughter's way.

"Mornin'," Maddie spoke quietly as she let out a yawn and spotted all three women who had all shown her a look of concern. "What's going on?" she questioned.

"We should talk kiddo," Maya started the conversation.

"About what?" Maddie asked confused like yesterday didn't even happen.

"I think you know what it's about Bambina," Carina stated kindly.

Andy glanced at the time and picked her backpack up in a haste, "Shoot. I didn't realize that was the time," she said as she slung her backpack over her shoulder. "I need to head out before I'm late. I'll see you all later after work," she told them as she reached out towards her niece and gave her a brief hug.

"Bye," Maya waved goodbye to her friend.

"Bye, Andy," Carina spoke.

Maddie engulfed the hug from the older brunette, "See you later, Tia," she said before the woman rushed out the door and she turned her attention to the two women remaining. "What's going on?" she asked.

Carina exchanged a look with her wife and then looked at her daughter, "We should go and sit down to talk," she said.

"Right," Maya agreed as she motioned her daughter to follow her. "Come sit down, kiddo," she said as she patted the couch.

Maddie moved and sat on the couch, in the middle of both of the women as she looked at them, "Is this about yesterday?" she questioned nervously.

"Yes, Bambina," Carina agreed quietly.