"i know this will be hard to adjust, but you'll still be able to live a life of luxury." my brother begins to say as the driver proceeds onto the highway, i shot xaiver the deadliest glare.

"you think i want a life of luxury? you think that is going to make me happy? am i that shallow to you!!" i practically almost yelled at him.

"of course not! i do not mean that. i just want you to see the positive side to things" he responds, i was pretty ticked.

if anything, i despise people who try to make everything positive when in reality it isn't.

"you know what xaiver. fucking die." i say, the words itself rolled off of my tongue so easily I surprised myself.

my brother didn't say anything, in fact his facial expression was unreadable.

"would you like to repeat that." his voice became unfamiliar, the tone to it was unrecognizable.

the sudden out burst of anger quickly deflated, as I caught myself cursing my brother. "i- i didn't mean that." i stammered, trying to gain the higher ground.

"How old are you again?" he questions, as he stares at me, which makes me gulp.

my hands became so clammy i started playing with the hems of my shirt while I answered, "14 years old."

"oh the influences that he's had on you, it's time to purify you" he starts to say, confusion was written on my face, "sorry? what" i ask.

"this isn't how my baby sister should treat her older brother, it's obvious you've been tainted with trash."

"hey! leave dad out of this. he isnt trash" i was quick to defend him, even though in my mind alex lost the title of 'dad'

"you're still going to consider him dad when he just abandoned you?" he starts to say.

"you faked your death!" i argue, "for good reasons. but that doesn't mean I abandoned you."

"so you think you can waltz back into my life and control how I live!!?" i was beyond angry, my patience wore thin.

"no. i won't control your life, but there seems to be a lack of discipline" he nonchalantly states as the driver pulls up to the airport terminal.

the chauffeur brought my suitcases and bags of items out of the car, soon we were on the plane.

i looked back, and realised that, im never going to be able to see Alex, even if I wanted to.

does my brother really live in another country?

i plugged my airpods in, and i put on 'another love' by tom odell, but the slowed down verison, there were parts of the lyrics that stood out to me, especially when it mentions that all my tears have been used up.

i really wanted to just run off, but I knew that my brother had men everywhere.

"it'll be a really long flight. so it's best if you get comfortable," my brother says, in other words, i should get along with him and not argue since we'll be in public.

i tried to sit far away from my brother as much as possible, but I couldn't get away.

Alex

i don't cry for anyone, or anything, not even a dog dying. yet when i had to let go of olivia for the sake of her brother, it was like being cut into a million pieces.

i knew that she'd hate me for the decision i made, but it's better than her living in constant worry.

the mafia didn't treat girls well, and i saw it with my own eyes when my younger sister had been brutally murdered as i couldn't do anything but watch in agony as she was screaming for me to help, but they chained me up, that with the amount of strength i had, they would tighten their hold onto me.