Chapter 12

-hugs and goodbyes-

"Okay now girls, say cheese!"

"CHEESE!!"

CLICK!

The sound of the camera and the flash of the phones was a key of our memories. It was a windy and sunny day as tears were shed and hugs were shared.

"I can't believe it.." Valerie said as she wiped a tear. "We actually did it guys, we finally graduated!" She said engulfing us onto a hug. "All our years of hard work and sleepless nights were finally paid off" Maya said in between sniffles. "Im so happy to have met you guys" Cassie said as her eyes, nose and ears were red just like the rest of us. We all shared smiles and agreed to one another.

"Ugh, women" a voice said as the 5 of us turned our head towards the criminal.

"What? You guys are being so dramatic" Jake said looking away.

"Dramatic? Just say you want to join in on the hug rather than being such a sore loser" Katelyn teased the boy as he had have enough and gave in. "Fine! But only for memories!" He said as he was holding in a cry. We then laughed and engulf him unto a hug, then suddenly the guy broke down in tears. "You stupid answer hoggers! Im never gonna forget your ugly faces!" Jake said crying as we held him tighter and cried with him. "We're never gonna forget your ugly face too, Jake" Cassie said as she sniffled and wiped a tear.

We laughed and cried and let out so many emotions that day. The day where I walked up on stage. The day we're we were going to separate paths. The day were we would last meet. I could never forget it.

That day was the most important day of our highschool life. Everyone attended even the students who got the most lowest score. Everyone in class and everyone that we knew was there. Except for him. No one knew where he had went. I asked Cole or Kaleb but they were just as clueless as the others or maybe they just didn't wanna tell. But why? It was never my business, I had no right to pester on someone's life just because they didn't attend their graduation ceremony. All I know was that he had took his diploma and left. Not a word. Not a trace. Not even a goodbye.

I texted him if he was alright, where he had gone to, but he had ghosted me and I gave up. Months passed and I was still left without an answer. And the others was still clueless as before.

The girls comforted me about his disappearance but all I could ever think about was his blonde hair, his tall frame, his idiotic smile, his soft voice. I was going crazy. And it didn't felt right. I was going mad and sad over a guy who didn't even felt the same way about me. I manned up and left the thoughts about him at the back of my head. My top priority now was to attend to a good school and get a successful job that pays food and a shelter.

And that was what I did. I got in the top 10 of my class but I'd usually end up in the 6th or 8th place. It didn't matter either way. I wasn't giving my mom and grandma a hard time and I was studying hard without anything to distract me.

Everything was going great.

That was until he showed once again. He walked into my life once again and I didn't like it. My heart tore itself to pieces just from mentioning him and now his back. I didn't understand what I had done for him to ghost me and now his back without answers to my concealed questions.