Chapter 10

-Boyfriend!?-

Akira Miyu, that is me. I am a sixteen year old girl living in Houston, Texas. I have 4 wonderful best friends, their names are Valerie, Cassie, Katelyn and Maya. I study at Houston Sudbury School, currently a grade 9th student. I am an honor student and im achieving to become a professional painter. I live with my mom, little brother and grandmother. Im not perfect, I have flaws and perfections just like a normal human being. I cry, I feel happy, I feel sad, I feel aroused, I feel anger and I feel love. I fell in love. At least that's what they call it. I fell in love on my friend, I didn't expect to fall for him. It all started when my friends or almost the entire class has crushes. I didn't really care about it at first but when my friends started talking about it almost everyday, no, they talk about it everyday. We are opposites, I often like things they don't like and I often don't like things they like. But we wouldn't judge on what each other like at all, instead we support each other. We share many common things, sometimes we don't. But one thing that is very common about us is that we have someone we took interest in. Someone that make our hearts flutter, someone who make us feel butterflies in our stomach and make us blush and smile with just the little things they do. I never thought I'd have a crush myself, I was never the one who's always interested on the "boy talk" so I didn't really bother on being a part on the conversation. That is until that's what my friends have been talking about, I was getting left out on the conversation, at least that's what I thought. I was an attention seeker, honestly who doesn't want attention from their friends? Who wants to get left out of conversations? While your just there. I hate those. It makes me feel like im a ghost. Judge me all you want but that's one of my flaws. Anyways, I decided to have a crush myself. I don't know how to make myself for someone since I've never fall for anyone at all. I've admired but not to the point I call them my crush. I decided to have a fake crush, I decided to pretend to have a crush on that person. I call him my pretend crush. My friends don't know im only pretending. Well I was pretending, at the party were me, Jake, Charlie and Enzo are attending I felt mixed feelings. I felt jealous, I felt alone, I felt sad, I felt butterflies, I felt like I was in cloud nine when he smiles at me. All those feelings I felt all of them all because of him. All because of Enzo Sonnez. A sixteen year old boy. His not the smartest but he's not the dumbest either, he loves and is good at sculpting, he teases me a lot but his very caring not just towards me but to others as well.  He did something to me, I don't know what, but what he did to me made my heart flutter. I couldn't stop thinking about him. His blonde hair, his hazel brown eyes that shine at the ray of the sun. His smile. Everything about him makes me giggle and kick my feet in the air. I never thought that I'd actually fall for him. Yet here I am now, thinking about him.

-✧-

"Akira would you stop spacing out and eat your food!" I heard my mom yell at me as I was brought back to reality. "Huh? Oh yes, sorry mom" I said as I ate my food. "What on earth were you spacing out about anyways?"  My mom said as she wiped some smudged sauce in my little brother's face. "She was probably thinking about her boyfriend" my grandma said as I almost choke on my food. I kept on punching my chest and drank my juice. "Grandma!" I said blushing, the word boyfriend suddenly made me thought of Enzo, I then erased the thought before I think of anything else about him. "You have a boyfriend?" I turned to look at my mother looking at me with a raised brow. "No mom! Grandma here is just teasing me again! And im not ready for a boyfriend anyways" i said hoping she'd just brush it off, "and when she's ready to have one she'll get one" my grandma said looking away. "Grandma! What I meant is that im to young for that!" I said finishing my bacon. "She'll obviously get a boyfriend at 18" my face turned red as I glared at my grandmother. She just grinned at me and give me puppy eyes in return. "Don't mind your grandmother, Akira. She's just teasing you. Plus I think living in America changed her a bit" my mom said as she whispered the last part with a wink. "Hey! I heard that!" Grandma yelled, "no you didn't" my mom said while sheepishly smiling at the elderly woman. I just playfully rolled my eyes and hurriedly ate my breakfast.