Glynda: (to the group) Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so.

The group stops, and Jaune, grunting and carrying a large case with six empty glass jars on top, tries to catch up with them and ends up bumping into Cardin. The bully scowls at Jaune, who attempts to feign innocence by whistling tunelessly.

Glynda: (still instructing her group, holding up a full jar of their objective) Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!

While Yang Xiao Long and her sister smile at one another, Jaune attempts to (noisily) sneak away from Cardin to his team, but the blackmailer sees this and grabs Jaune by the back.

Cardin: Come on, buddy - let's go!

Jaune miserably looks up at his team, where Nora and Ren are already walking into the forest's depths, (Y/N) is tapping the trees with a smile, and Pyrrha is staring sadly at the scene. Dropping his gaze, Jaune turns and follows CRDL, to the disappointment of a sighing Pyrrha before she continues on.

Team CRDL is making themselves as comfortable as possible by leaning on stones, trees, and the ground while Jaune returns to the group with six full jars, setting them down just as he collapses face-down. The surrounding team gets up in response.

Cardin: Hey, great work, Jauney boy! Now that wasn't too hard, was it?

Jaune: (still on the ground, cross-eyed and sounding dizzy) I think I'm allergic to this stuff...

Cardin: Greeeeat, great, great. So, Jaune, I bet you're asking yourself, 'Why did my buddy Cardin ask me to collect six jars of tree sap when there's only five of us?'

Jaune: (nodding, still exhausted) That is one of the many questions I have asked myself today, yes.

Cardin: (as Jaune sits up) Well, come with me, and you'll find out.

Jaune moans and gulps in worry.

Now perched on a hilltop overlooking the other students, team CRDL - plus Jaune, squeezed between Cardin and Russel Thrush - peak their heads over the crest and watch as everyone is retrieving their samples of sap. Ren, kneeling to collect it from a tree, passes a full jar to Nora, who "Mmmm!"s at the gift as Ren trades it for the other jar in her care. He turns back to the tree and starts filling it up while several licking sounds are heard off-screen until the camera pans back to Nora, now with an embarrassed smile covered in red and an empty jar in her hands.

Jaune: (turning to his left) Cardin, wh-what's going on?

Cardin: (still staring at the unsuspecting group sharply) Payback.

Jaune: (widens his eyes in understanding) Pyrrha...? (watches her gather more sap from a tree) Wh-what are you-?

Cardin: (pounds his fist on the ground) That's the girl. Red-haired know-it-all, thinks she's so smart. Alright, boys... (pulls out a buzzing cardboard box with a large "W" written on its sides) Last night, old Jaune here managed to round up an entire box of Rapier Wasps, and now, we're gonna put him to work. After her it's the idiot (Y/N) cause he thinks he's so strong though he's nothing to us.

Russel grabs Jaune by the shoulder, who barely laughs in nervousness.

Cardin: Now, according to one of the essays you wrote for me last week, these nasty things loooove sweets. (Pyrrha is seen finishing her sap collection) I'm thinking it's time we teach her a thing or two.